BLACK FRIDAY is coming 25th November 2016

CASSIE1975

Some good prices on Campy and Shimano wheel tyre combos. However postage for a combo is 200 pounds (more than wheel set) but if you order just wheels like their Shamal special it is 9 pounds. I have emailed them to enquire. Surely they can't charge you for the air in tubes.

I ordered a Campy groupset from Ribble on 2 Nov and selected the 9  pound shipping option to keep costs down.  Was praying that it gets here safe and before Christmas, well, I got a call on the morning of 16 Nov to confirm address and vat to be paid.  It was delivered by 1pm on the 17th to by office, paid the delivery guy cash for the VAT.  Super impressed, delivery to my door in 2 weeks for 9 pounds!  Now that's service at a price nobody in SA could even dream of!! 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered a Campy groupset from Ribble on 2 Nov and selected the 9 pound shipping option to keep costs down. Was praying that it gets here safe and before Christmas, well, I got a call on the morning of 16 Nov to confirm address and vat to be paid. It was delivered by 1pm on the 17th to by office, paid the delivery guy cash for the VAT. Super impressed, delivery to my door in 2 weeks for 9 pounds! Now that's service at a price nobody in SA could even dream of!!

Hoping for Campy prices to fall further this week.

You may get lucky - using that option means the parcel can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to arrive.

ha! its been 2 weeks and my stuffs at the local PO already

I ordered a Campy groupset from Ribble on 2 Nov and selected the 9 pound shipping option to keep costs down. Was praying that it gets here safe and before Christmas, well, I got a call on the morning of 16 Nov to confirm address and vat to be paid. It was delivered by 1pm on the 17th to by office, paid the delivery guy cash for the VAT. Super impressed, delivery to my door in 2 weeks for 9 pounds! Now that's service at a price nobody in SA could even dream of!!

That's EMS, used to be even faster than that.

Blokes I need some Shimano Saint flat pedals, please post it here if anyone sees a pair on the BF sales at a ridiculous price, thanks!

I must say I expected a bit more from CRC...they focused more on clothing and bit and bobs here and there, nothing special that I would have wanted...very disappointed I must say.

Let's see what the other guys have tomorrow  :thumbup:  :clap:  :ph34r:

I must say I expected a bit more from CRC...they focused more on clothing and bit and bobs here and there, nothing special that I would have wanted...very disappointed I must say.

Let's see what the other guys have tomorrow :thumbup: :clap: :ph34r:

Think they are kicking everything off again tomorrow with the good stuff. Could be wrong tho.

Let's see what the other guys have tomorrow :thumbup: :clap: :ph34r:

I have already picked up some shoes, mudguards and a few bits and pieces this week from them at a significant saving, although I presume that proper Black Friday will kick off for them tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So a rundown from my searching on the interrrrwebbs.

CWC is loading specials from 00:01.

Evobikes has loaded a few already.

Ribble Cycles has been loading a few things all week . They will load the rest probably at 02:00 (CAT) tomorrow.

Wiggle has also being loading all week with the rest also tomorrow at 09:00 (CAT).

CRC has been loading for past few weeks with nothing spectacular as yet so we will wait and see what tomorrow brings (not sure if they loading at 00:00 GMT or 9:00 CAT).

Totalcycling and Merlin have been having normal sales so check before you spend at other stores.

Starbike and Bike24 from Germany has no Black Friday but there prices are always good. 

I haven't bothered with the USA as there shipping is always crazy.

Edited by Cippo

Almost forgot about Evans in the UK as well.

They don't ship GARMIN btw.

Edited by Cippo

I would love it if local bike shops could open a topic page where they put links to their black Friday specials, just the links with no reply tabs so there is not 20 pages