Better check your Cyclesure policy

MintSauce

Got my revised policy today.

This has been added under 'Special Exclusions'

4.6 damage due to and of which the underlying cause can be ascribed to latent defects, metal fatique or any other inherent vice or manufacturing defect irrespective of whether or not the claim is entertained by the manufacturer.

So basically if your frame is out of warrenty and cracks/breaks they won't cover it....time to move on I think

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to comment on that. I am insured with Pedal Care, a had a serious crash about a month ago, because I jumped a bridge and did not land the jump properly. They paid out my bike in full. I must say, Padal care did not have any funny questions and my claim was sorted out within a week. Maybe check out their policy!Wink

Cheers!

Not just the frame, that probably applys to all parts of the bike from bars, seatpost to forks  etc... it is a bit of a bugger, you could probably lump any failure under that clause.

I would just like to comment on that. I am insured with Pedal Care' date=' a had a serious crash about a month ago, because I jumped a bridge and did not land the jump properly. They paid out my bike in full. I must say, Padal care did not have any funny questions and my claim was sorted out within a week. Maybe check out their policy!Wink

Cheers!

[/quote']

Breaking the frame due to jumping has got nothing to do with the manufacturer. They will not even replace the lifetime guarantee frame then because it was abused. Thie warantees only cover if the welding comes loose or somthing like that.

So now all the cycle art bikes are not covered anymore because the warrantees are void when you respray it and Cyclesure does not cover it anymore. Now you will have to wait for a prang.

Got a quote from Pedalcare a while ago so will have a look at their policy anyway

So typical of insurance companies to do this

I cannot see what the problem is. Why should the insurance company pay for defects anyway?

I cannot see what the problem is. Why should the insurance company pay for defects anyway?

I just think that they should cover regardless.

It's like buying a waarenty on a 2nd hand car....it's one of the reasons I insured my bike in the first place.

I don't like the idea of forking out 18k to replace my frame in the event that something does go wrong.

It's the same reason your insurance company will replace the sealing and carpets in your house when the geaser bursts and floods it.

Make sense now...?

what premium are you insured guys paying against what total insured value?

I'm insured for 15K and it costs about 250 SAronds /month, just thought i'd ask to see what others are paying

What Cyclesure is doing (and I have experience of that) is find ways not to pay out when you damage your bike / wheels / etc by claiming that whatever happend, the breakage was cause by fatigue, thus using that as a loophole to deny your claim...

Dude,

You did not get my point.

The point is that if the frame is out of warrenty, it should still be covered by the insurance company.