Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour 2016

Skubarra

I'm being lank slapgat here,

but looking on the site here

http://stellenboschcycletour.co.za/more-info/

I can't see if entries are still open, no info on subs either

and looking here http://www.capetowncycletour.com/information/seeding/

does it mean this is still a Argus seeding event?

edit - 97km (Premier seeding event for the Cape Town Cycle Tour 2017)

I have an entry available - pm  me 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coastal races are more my liking. Bring on 947 and I gasp for air like I'm an asthmatic sucking through a knotted straw. I also prefer to do road closure races, but this one forms ginormous super-groups which makes it safer when you confront vehicles. The elites will form such an echelon that vehicles travelling in the opposite direction will move over to the shoulder, if reports from last year are to be believed. Irrespective, the crisp fresh air in Stellies and the route that goes with it, makes this one a must-do for me, despite that number board on the handlebar thing the Capetonians do.  

These name changes are confusing. The Die Burger is now unrecognisable and The Argus is also trying to hide. But I guess this is the race I'm launching the tandem at on Sunday. Such an easy way to get an early start group.

I'm looking for transport to the race for 2 pax and a tandem from Kenilworth, to be there for the 6am start group. Please let me know if anyone has space .. will pay something towards petrol.

These name changes are confusing. The Die Burger is now unrecognisable and The Argus is also trying to hide. But I guess this is the race I'm launching the tandem at on Sunday. Such an easy way to get an early start group.

<Sponsor> Stellenbosch Cycle Tour and <Sponsor><Sponsor> Cape Town Cycle Tour

Difficult to try get sponsors when some of the naming sponsors dont exist any more.

Somehow not looking forward to waking 3h45 on a Sunday morning.  :wacko:

well on the email they said  "Plan to arrive at the check-in area approximately 60min before your scheduled Start time."

which, with my middle of the pack start time still translates to 5:22.  fortunately i'm not too far from stellies.

Shucks, what time do you start?

Shucks, I am starting at 6h42, but my son starts 6h05, and we usually park at the Paradyskloof garage to have a little warmup ride and then dodge the homegoing traffic.

And I usually have to take 3 dumps before I line up.  :blush:  I don't know, sht just happens on race days. Nerves, maybe. It's a touchy subject. And I need to eat at least 3 hours before I ride else my tummy has a hissy fit with me.

well on the email they said  "Plan to arrive at the check-in area approximately 60min before your scheduled Start time."

which, with my middle of the pack start time still translates to 5:22.  fortunately i'm not too far from stellies.

I think 60min before the start is overkill, I usually do a warm up ride and then try to be at my starting pen 20min before we start. Downside is that you don't start at the front of the bunch but with the big climb few meters into the race I don't think it matter much. 

I think 60min before the start is overkill, I usually do a warm up ride and then try to be at my starting pen 20min before we start. Downside is that you don't start at the front of the bunch but with the big climb few meters into the race I don't think it matter much. 

True, the first climb does the seeding for the organisers, and its plenty wide enough so you cant get caught out.

I'm looking for transport to the race for 2 pax and a tandem from Kenilworth, to be there for the 6am start group. Please let me know if anyone has space .. will pay something towards petrol.

Sorry we can't help you guys out :(

Our massive tandem takes up the whole car!!

Looking forward to racing with you guys again though :thumbup:

Sorry we can't help you guys out :(

Our massive tandem takes up the whole car!!

Looking forward to racing with you guys again though :thumbup:

We'll make a plan to be there ! Unfortunately my car is in for a major service and the other half's car is a Mini Cooper .. definitely not tandem friendly :D

Archived