The Classics

'Dale

Commentary chirp of the day:

Gilbert wins the bike race, then wins the beer drinking contest, seeing off his Amstel on the podium in half the time of Kwiatkowski and Albasini.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit late to the party.

What a good race.. absolutely love what Gilbert is managing to do this season after a couple of really tough seasons..

Also finally a good result for DDD too with Haas in 4th..they needed a result of some sorts, it's been a very tough classics campaign for them

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

Aye.. unfortunately Gilbert picked up a injury with the crash and is out for the rest of the Ardennes ????

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I see there is quite a lot of controversy surrounding the team's doctor and gilbert! But won't spoil this thread with details 

But what a ride! I honestly thought kwiatkowsky will take the sprint. Gilbert rode like a machine!

I see there is quite a lot of controversy surrounding the team's doctor and gilbert! But won't spoil this thread with details 

But what a ride! I honestly thought kwiatkowsky will take the sprint. Gilbert rode like a machine!

Quitowsky was a little over confident there.... he was able to drop guys at will all day, but the wily old man had tricked him ;)

Must be honest, you would have won some money from me if you said that Gilbert was going to win a race this year, never mind 2!

Must be honest, you would have won some money from me if you said that Gilbert was going to win a race this year, never mind 2!

I won 320 bucks from sportingbet. (with R40) thanks to Gilbert.

Also won R455 on GvA in Paris Roubaix (with a R30 bet)

Ps - I only bet small amounts with guys with....bad betting odds. Like R2.50 would've won you R1250 on Darrel Impey this weekend.

Edited by Cav'

I won 320 bucks from sportingbet. (with R40) thanks to Gilbert.

Also won R455 on GvA in Paris Roubaix (with a R30 bet)

Ps - I only bet small amounts with guys with....bad betting odds. Like R2.50 would've won you R1250 on Darrel Impey this weekend.

Interesting to see the total returns on this type of betting. What was your total spend over these two weekends and what was your returns? I assume you dabble with some other sports as well?

Interesting to see the total returns on this type of betting. What was your total spend over these two weekends and what was your returns? I assume you dabble with some other sports as well?

Returns - R320 +R455.

Amount bet: R100 on each race.

No Only cycling. It's the only sport where I'm 90% sure who will be in the top 5. 

La Fleche Wallone of tomorrow has Valverde, Martin and Kwia written all over it so I already bet R100 there too. 

@Cav who is your favourite for the win for La Fleche?

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

@Cav who is your favourite for the win for La Fleche?

Kwiatkowski if he can break before the Mur de Huy.

If its a sprint, then definitely Valverde.Martin or Albasini.

@Cav I wouldn't want a sprint mostly because I don't want Valverde to have a chance of winning. Would prefer it if Kwia wins even though he is a Skyborg!