The Classics

'Dale

And PhilGil wasn't about to chase either. Happy with his third. Showing good form ahead of PR. I really think this could be PhilGil's year to win it. The one monument I would dearly love for him to add to his palmares.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Nikki is in great from he could pull off the double.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Terpstra had control of what was coming out of his mouth[emoji6]

Most probably spat and the wind took it to Nibali.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did, he asked Nibali to help a few times and he simply said no, as he typically does. Then Terpie simply rode him off....

Nikki is in great from he could pull off the double.

All depends on what happens on the day though. Must admit if PhilGil or Sagan can't pull of the win I would be very happy if the lanky Dutchie does win it.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did, he asked Nibali to help a few times and he simply said no, as he typically does. Then Terpie simply rode him off....

Terpstra does funny things sometimes..but I think Nibali "helping" probably would've just slowed Terpstra down.

Terpstra does funny things sometimes..but I think Nibali "helping" probably would've just slowed Terpstra down.

True, but Terpie didn’t know that at the time, nor did we. Everybody was surprised when he just rode Nibali off.

True, but Terpie didn’t know that at the time, nor did we. Everybody was surprised when he just rode Nibali off.

NIBALI went propper pop there. Welcome to Belgium cobbles classics hey.[emoji6]

It's hard racing, different racing...something the likes of Valverde and Nibbles def aren't used to..but it was nice seeing them in these races the last week. And both were not just along for the ride..which is also good...

Overall the racing this year has been great every race and every stage of the week stage races. ..really..can't think of a meh race/stage so far.

Edited by Gen

Will we have a wet Paris-Roubaix [emoji299]️[emoji299]️[emoji299]️

Chances are it will rain the day before and the day after.[emoji23]

Nibali is starting the Tour of the Basque Country stage race tomorrow so therefore he only used this race as an active recovery session  :P

On a serious note I doubt whether he was really dropped.

Nibali is starting the Tour of the Basque Country stage race tomorrow so therefore he only used this race as an active recovery session :P

So you think he intentionally dropped back?

Why?

Nibali is starting the Tour of the Basque Country stage race tomorrow so therefore he only used this race as an active recovery session [emoji14]

I don't quite agree with that....if that was his plan he would've been towards the back..

These races are really tough..

Post race comments

Vincenzo Nibali tasted for the first time in his life. Interest and expectation for his Flanders’ debut and the Shark did not disappointed: “I tried to attack, but then I did not have legs strong enough. It’s my first De Ronde and I felt like I was in a washing machine. Impressive. The speed was always very high.” he comments after the finish

So you think he intentionally dropped back?

Why?

As he is building his season around the major stage races i just doubt whether he was really super motivated to give it his all in a race that does not suit him specially taking into consideration the risk of ruining his season by crashing.

I am not saying he intentionally dropped back..... but , as you obviously know, at this level the margins are very small and a rider needs to be 100% committed and motivated to win..... IMO he was not motivated enough to really give it a 100% effort. 

Nice racing though. Intense. Told my son to move to Belgium after he is finished with his studies and go ride there.

Edited by Moridin

I don't quite agree with that....if that was his plan he would've been towards the back..

These races are really tough..

Post race comments

Vincenzo Nibali tasted for the first time in his life. Interest and expectation for his Flanders’ debut and the Shark did not disappointed: “I tried to attack, but then I did not have legs strong enough. It’s my first De Ronde and I felt like I was in a washing machine. Impressive. The speed was always very high.” he comments after the finish

I guess I cannot argue with him as he was doing the racing and not me  :)