The Classics

'Dale

http://www.steephill.tv/2018/tour-of-flanders/photos/page-02/600-BBH_3576.jpg

Peter Sagan: "It was a very hard and fast Tour of Flanders, right from the outset, with Quick-Step, Sky and BMC setting a strong pace. I'm happy with my performance as well as that of the rest of my teammates, who were there, together with me, whenever it was possible. I gave my best effort to close the gaps, but on my own it was impossible. I'm happy with my condition and I now look forward to Paris-Roubaix, a week from now." 

Edited by Cav'

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have Scheldeprijs before Paris-Roubaix next weekend.

Will most likely be a Kittel vs Groenewegen battle.

We have Scheldeprijs before Paris-Roubaix next weekend.

Will most likely be a Kittel vs Groenewegen battle.

I guess Gav' is still out with broken wrist

And Cav's spare ribs will stay off the cobbles

I guess Gav' is still out with broken wrist

And Cav's spare ribs will stay off the cobbles

Yeah that's pretty accurate.

I see Viviani is giving it a miss too.

Demare is there too, but he wont beat Kittel and Groenewegen in a sprint.

Also DDD is taking 5 Saffas to the race.

Always cool watching

That team with the Scotts and their vids ????????

Edited by 'Dale

What does PS expect ... others to help him chase and then get beaten by him in the sprint? Also knowing that others will sit on his wheel and then jump him at the last moment  - ie MS last year.  Only thing he can do is break free and gap it like Spartacus used to do, although he generally had the same problem.

Only thing he can do is break free and gap it like Spartacus used to do, although he generally had the same problem.

I think that is easier said than done, ..the field is very even.. more so than during the Fabulous-Boonen domination years (IMO)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think that is easier said than done, ..the field is very even.. more so than during the Fabulous-Boonen

You are right, it’s far easier to rather just moan about it Edited by Patchelicious

You are right, it’s far easier to rather just moan about it

Moaning won't help..no they made tactical errors on Sunday..and as good as what Bora were at Ghent, that is how wrong they got it on Sunday.. not the only team to get it wrong.

Hoping BMC and Astana will come into play at the Hell of the North

And DeMare’s posse could feature too as they’d want a Frenchie to the top step

The less race focus on Sagz Baby the better

Maybe PS needs to be more foxy ah la Alesandro?

Or beef up their team as suggested so he has more comrades towards the end, although his style is more maverick.

Maybe PS needs to be more foxy ah la Alesandro?

Or beef up their team as suggested so he has more comrades towards the end, although his style is more maverick.

P-R baby..the riders he has as support (Oss, Burghardt, Bodnar, ..big brother) will give him support for longer at PR[emoji6].. and lady luck...hope they have a Sagan proof tyres for him for Sunday..that guy and his PR punctures[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

But they are never there towards the end, compare to Quik Step who generally have a few guys up front at the end ... and options.

Not often enough..

QS are a bunch of freaks[emoji23][emoji23].. ..they have a really strong team and that is why it is so hard to beat them..Sagan needs 2 riders at critical stages on sunday..preferably with 1 up the road...????

Plus he'll probably win it because I won't be able to watch it.[emoji58]

Edited by Gen

Not often enough..

QS are a bunch of freaks[emoji23][emoji23].. ..they have a really strong team and that is why it is so hard to beat them..Sagan needs 2 riders at critical stages on sunday..preferably with 1 up the road...????

Plus he'll probably win it because I won't be able to watch it.[emoji58]

A break that features either of Oss or Burghart is most likely not to be given much rope. And there in lies Bora's problem. And I haven't seen that Bodnar's been racing either. Basically having a rider in the break is a good idea but I don't know if they have a diesel with a big enough engine for that to work.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk