The Classics

'Dale

89km remaining from 175km

In the men's race, meanwhile, the break is on the sixth sector of mud road at Pieve a Salti, with a buffer in excess of five minutes over the main peloton.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again

Whoever crests that final climb has the win

Especially on the slippery stones

????????????????????????

A major split has occurred on this sixth sector of dirt road, with a group of 15 or so riders - among them Peter Sagan - moving clear of a fragmented peloton. Vincenzo Nibali is among the riders in the third group on the road, but we understand that the race has splintered into pieces.

????????????????????????

A major split has occurred on this sixth sector of dirt road, with a group of 15 or so riders - among them Peter Sagan - moving clear of a fragmented peloton. Vincenzo Nibali is among the riders in the third group on the road, but we understand that the race has splintered into pieces.

And we have to watch replays of the flippen cricket till we get coverage..

The beauty of Strade Bianche, of course, is that these gravel roads are slung along the Chianti hills, and hence there is scarcely a metre of flat along the route, which dips and rises throughout the day as it doubles back towards Siena.

Meanwhile, Frapporti has been dropped by the break and trails by 1:15. Stybar and the growing chase group are 2:15 down.

Go Stuyven or Stybar [emoji123]

OR Benoot[emoji123]

No wait

Also go Dumoulin

Edited by Gen

Lotto Soudal are now setting the pace in the chasing group, which is around 20 riders strong. Tiesj Benoot is among their number, hence the Belgian squad's efforts. Others in the group include Van Avermaet, Stybar, Tom Dumoulin (Sunweb), Luke Durbridge (Orica-Scott) and Michal Kwiatkowski (Sky).