The Classics

'Dale

I think he just at that moment decided.. ag F you all lol

He's made the right decision

This'll also re-align the thinking and strategy of other teams as they cannot count on the Sagan train

Versatility in his tactical approach will render him unpredictable

That is good for the Slovakian and Bora'

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's made the right decision

This'll also re-align the thinking and strategy of other teams as they cannot count on the Sagan train

Versatility in his tactical approach will render him unpredictable

That is good for the Slovakian and Bora'

Indeed.. Def the right decision.

This pic tells a lot

94f47fd0690a0c33982dacaf07460bf3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmm.. I was next to the hockey field and watched a bit.. saw the initial select group and then didn't see how GVA and Co got away from Sags?

Now Greg is hot favourite for Flanders hey

Can someone just tell me what happened with Degenkolb.. the initial move up the Kammelberg GVA went Sagan followed and Degenkolb also joined and then that group became what 5/6 riders.. bit when GVA went again I didn't see Degenkolb there with Sagan group.. was there more moves before where JD missed out on?

@Gen, JD missed out shortly before the point in the photo above. The 5 that finished ahead of the bunch got away at a time everyone was soft pedaling and watching each other. EBH can be seen trying to bridge the gap, but he stood no chance.

At about 22km to go, the break had basically slowed down - so I could only imagine there were talks about who was willing to work and who not. Bernie Eisel had just before that closed the gap to another attempted break and he popped. By now the peloton was about 28' behind. Prior to that, DDD and Sunweb were driving the pace, as they didn't want the peloton (Lotto Soudal, Sky and Cofidis) to catch them. Quick Step were the only other team with numbers, and they weren't helping to drive the pace - Gaviria was in the peloton, so perhaps they thought they had a better chance in the sprint, rather than sprinting in the breakaway. Sagan was also at the back from the time the he, JD and GVA were caught, until the move of 5 went.

During this slowing down, the break of 5 went - and that's when EBH, JD and MM were caught out. It happened again when Terpstra and Anderson slowed down - with PS refusing to close the gap on his own.

@Gen, JD missed out shortly before the point in the photo above. The 5 that finished ahead of the bunch got away at a time everyone was soft pedaling and watching each other. EBH can be seen trying to bridge the gap, but he stood no chance.

At about 22km to go, the break had basically slowed down - so I could only imagine there were talks about who was willing to work and who not. Bernie Eisel had just before that closed the gap to another attempted break and he popped. By now the peloton was about 28' behind. Prior to that, DDD and Sunweb were driving the pace, as they didn't want the peloton (Lotto Soudal, Sky and Cofidis) to catch them. Quick Step were the only other team with numbers, and they weren't helping to drive the pace - Gaviria was in the peloton, so perhaps they thought they had a better chance in the sprint, rather than sprinting in the breakaway. Sagan was also at the back from the time the he, JD and GVA were caught, until the move of 5 went.

During this slowing down, the break of 5 went - and that's when EBH, JD and MM were caught out. It happened again when Terpstra and Anderson slowed down - with PS refusing to close the gap on his own.

Now that is a cool summary

Many thx

Shows the strength of threat of the World Champ

He has to show less strength (and therefore pull less / attack less frequently) in order to enhance his chances of victory

...as teams have worked him out over the last while

:huh:

Or they are banking on his desire to win. Sagz wants to win and races to win even if means risking a loss. But ja, could be he needs to make a minor switch tactically in order to make the other teams work more.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Or they are banking on his desire to win. Sagz wants to win and races to win even if means risking a loss. But ja, could be he needs to make a minor switch tactically in order to make the other teams work more.

Yeah

Let's see where it all goes

Two monuments

Two weeks

Gonna be good.  :clap:

Fabian Cancellara had the same problems with everyone sitting on him and he changed his racing strategy. Peter Sagan will also evolve his strategy has he learns, while on the flip side the other teams will also trey and counter him.

Can only be exciting.

I cant see what happened there?

Sags gave the one rider a bit of a shoulder barge getting through the pack..at the bottom of the screen

Hulk strength [emoji57]

Edited by Gen

Shows the strength of threat of the World Champ

He has to show less strength (and therefore pull less / attack less frequently) in order to enhance his chances of victory

He should come learn to suck wheel like a pro from our A batch riders

That was an impressive sprint from GvA - felt like 24 seconds of flat-out watts

Unlucky Jensie fought bravely

Got whacked by a superb in-form racer

Kramon_Gent-Wevelgem2017_A_3179.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

Fabian Cancellara had the same problems with everyone sitting on him and he changed his racing strategy. Peter Sagan will also evolve his strategy has he learns, while on the flip side the other teams will also trey and counter him.

Can only be exciting.

The best always evolve and find a way to succeed. Sagz will be no different. It's that change that makes racing such a joy to watch. Punch and Counter Punch.