The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving on from Sagz Baby's hairstyle...

During his 15-year career, Belgian Tom Boonen, more than most riders, has experienced the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows, in professional racing.

The list of Boonen’s accomplishments is long and varied; he has seven Monument victories on his palmares (four wins at Paris-Roubaix, three at the Tour of Flanders), as well as a world road championship (in 2005), a green jersey at the Tour de France (in 2007), and six Tour stage wins.

Handsome and charismatic, Boonen is a national celebrity in his home country, and has been one of the biggest names in pro cycling since his first Flanders win, in 2005, at the age of 24.

Read this cool feature article here:

https://cyclingtips.com/2016/06/tom-boonen-on-respect-life-in-the-public-eye-and-the-greatest-riders-hes-ever-seen/

Sags gave the one rider a bit of a shoulder barge getting through the pack..at the bottom of the screen

Hulk strength [emoji57]

wa wa wa, call a wambulence

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSHGsoLjjaD/

I don’t know what Terpstra wanted to do today at the Gent-Wevelgem, because he attacked to go in the breakaway, but afterwards he didn’t want to work. This is just one example of how you can lose the race against me. What can I do – we’re not teammates – I can’t work for everyone, only for them to beat me in the sprint. I’m not disappointed – I’m more motivated now. If you win all the time, you lose your motivation. Now I’m motivated to take some more wins. We’ll see what happens at Flanders and Paris-Roubaix.

Edited by mikkelz

I enjoyed Gent Wevelgem, the narrow roads, the steep climbs and the new gravel bits made it into a great race, but I see a lot of negative racing lately, I agree with Sagan, Terpstra made the effort to bridge over so one assumes you want to contest the win, then just sitting back and saying "you work" is negative racing, I said it before, its happening a lot in modern racing, to me it makes no sense, to "win it" you have to be "in it".... you throw the dice and you take your chances, but you most certainly cant win from 20 seconds back.

I enjoyed Gent Wevelgem, the narrow roads, the steep climbs and the new gravel bits made it into a great race, but I see a lot of negative racing lately, I agree with Sagan, Terpstra made the effort to bridge over so one assumes you want to contest the win, then just sitting back and saying "you work" is negative racing, I said it before, its happening a lot in modern racing, to me it makes no sense, to "win it" you have to be "in it".... you throw the dice and you take your chances, but you most certainly cant win from 20 seconds back.

Those 'plugstreet' did add a nice element to the racing. Although some might argue that dirt roads should be for the Strade. I enjoyed though.

Not sure what Terpstra was thinking or what QS had planned. Doesn't make sense to have a guy in the break and not have that guy contribute especially as it became evident that the bunch wasn't going to catch up. A wee bit of hard luck for sure. GVA benefited from the Sagan watching last Sunday. Hopefully he'll be a bit more marked at RVV.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Those 'plugstreet' did add a nice element to the racing. Although some might argue that dirt roads should be for the Strade. I enjoyed though.

Not sure what Terpstra was thinking or what QS had planned. Doesn't make sense to have a guy in the break and not have that guy contribute especially as it became evident that the bunch wasn't going to catch up. A wee bit of hard luck for sure. GVA benefited from the Sagan watching last Sunday. Hopefully he'll be a bit more marked at RVV.

Yah, for sure, I agree, QS have played some odd tactics lately, putting someone in the break then ostensibly telling him not to work is unfathomable to me.  

Yah, for sure, I agree, QS have played some odd tactics lately, putting someone in the break then ostensibly telling him not to work is unfathomable to me.

Ja at GW I felt that they knew that there would be no bunch sprint for the win from the 20k mark. So yes odd tactics. Very odd. However at DDV they got their tactics almost spot on in getting the sting out of Durbridge's legs as he was the biggest threat in a sprint and got a 1 2 for their efforts. So QS has been a bit schizophrenic this season ito tactics imho.