2017 Christmas Toy Cycle, Cape Hubbers

Wannabe

Lets get an idea of numbers:

(Add your name so we can get logistics right and know who to expect on the morning)

Wannabe

Tube

DJR + 3

Mads

Splat + 1 (maybe)

Tatt

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wednesday morning bump

Come on guys and Girls, your lack of enthusiasm and commitment is worrying me.  :whistling:

Ooops, sorry Terry! (December Porridge brain....)

From hubland's commitment to this so far, you would think everyone is out of town! Traffic has certainly not got the memo though!

Wannabe

Tube

DJR + 3

Mads

Splat + 1 (maybe)

Tatt

Slowbee

Mrs Slowbee

Slowbee mini-mees...

Wannabe have you thought of a route to the home from VA in Green Point?

The start towards town should be easy along the fan walk and then some of the bike lanes in town itself could be a win!

(Those bringing kids along need to consider that there will likely be a climb up towards the house at the end. Could be more than enough people about to help push!) 

Wannabe have you thought of a route to the home from VA in Green Point?

The start towards town should be easy along the fan walk and then some of the bike lanes in town itself could be a win!

(Those bringing kids along need to consider that there will likely be a climb up towards the house at the end. Could be more than enough people about to help push!) 

Tubes, I do not know the inner CBD that well, have you got a possible route in mind?

I was thinking of the closest route up Buitengracht str, but not too sure if it will be too steep for some of the kids. Traffic might also be a problem.

My thoughts are: On the fan walk to town from VA. Onto the cycle lanes on Bree until Bloem. Left into that. Down towards the road that runs around the Company Gardens (Queen Victoria). Right into that then left into Museum road. Right into Government ave until a left into Avenue Street. Quick right in Hatfield to first left into Dunkley str. Need to look at the roads on this side carefully as there are many one ways in that area, so need to plan it a little more closely, but suggest we try get under De Waal Drive on Maynard Road and then across to Virginia ave, left into Chelsea ave to the house. Leave us with figuring out a 1.5k section where all the one ways are. Some of these are very quiet, but it would not make sense to cycle against the flow of traffic there and I can't remember exactly which way some of them go.

Lets get an idea of numbers:

(Add your name so we can get logistics right and know who to expect on the morning)

Wannabe

Tube

DJR + 3

Mads

Splat + 1 (maybe)

Tatt

I'll come!

Archived