2017 Christmas Toy Cycle, Cape Hubbers

Wannabe

late evening BUMP

common guys, it is a good cause and loads of fun.

other wise see you at the VA seapoint at 9

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Visiting Nasareth House today made this toy run special for me. It was fantastic to see how passionate the staff are about the people that they care for. Thanks to those who made it happen and those who came along. I think we all felt uplifted by the experience.

post-17716-0-14414400-1481886137_thumb.jpg

It was fantastic to see how passionately the staff look after children who were abandoned and really had nowhere else to go. This handprint, in one of the houses, for me, was the sign that we are dealing with real individuals.

post-17716-0-63910900-1481886302_thumb.jpg

When we care about the same things, our differences disappear. Where else on earth would you have expected to see an old nun, habit and all, have a serious discussion with a super fit cyclist all dressed in lycra?

post-17716-0-26310900-1481886511_thumb.jpg

post-1208-0-31850700-1481888205_thumb.jpg

The Bikehub gang about to leave the VA in GreenPoint. 

Well done Slowbee and Wannabe on juggling but getting this done and kudos to all who attended! What a fantastic gift of humility to gain for each of us who were there, to see who such a dark life experience for those who pass through these doors but get treated with such an organised yet gentle hand! Very uplifting and grounding at the same time!!!!

Thanks to everybody who attended today.  I am still choked up about the love and compassion we experienced for the kids, from their caretakers. 

Slowbee, as discussed, the pre Argus Hubride will be a great iniative.

Special thanks to Admin and Nick that joined in today.

• 11 months later...

Slowbee and other Hubbers usually involved with this.

Are we going to be doing it again this year?

If we are, our "normal date" of 16 December? It is on a Saturday this year.

Then again, I'm quite sure it's too late to arrange something.

is this on?

Not as far as I know. 

I did not arrange anything, work was too busy this time round.

If anybody else knows of a deserving charity, something might be hastily arranged.

Archived