2017 Christmas Toy Cycle, Cape Hubbers

Wannabe

Nazareth House sure gets my vote.

The 16th is my wedding anniversary, but the boss is sure to give me (and the rest of team DJR) a green card for this one.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will speak to Mrs Slowbee, but if the kids have a car - but not a driver, then I am sure we can work something out. Would be good to also spoil the kids and get them out, even if just for the day.

so no excuses now, if you cant ride your bike, you can drive your car and transport little people.

Things to bring along if you can:

• Kitchen toys
  • Plays cards
  • Word learning cards
  • opposite words cards
  • Puzzles (4-9 yrs)
  • Animal plastic toys
  • Alphabet puzzle 
  • Play dough
  • Plasticine
  • Alphabet letters to display on the wall.
  • Plastic beach toys
  • Children's Table mats
  • Magic ink drawing board
  • Balls
  • Bat and ball
  • Pick up stix
  • Small Kaleidoscope
  • Small watering can
  • Craft things/ velt/ drawing and painting materials

If we going to go big on this, I'm a bit worried we're going to over run Vida / Kuai on the morning. Is there not a place with a bit more space where we can do the hand over?

There is a (smallish) park just a little bit on from Vida opposite the tidal pool.(next to SAPS)

If we going to go big on this, I'm a bit worried we're going to over run Vida / Kuai on the morning. Is there not a place with a bit more space where we can do the hand over?

Ha ha, yes, we tended to overrun Vida a bit in years gone by

I'm in either way, but quite liked the idea of riding to and visiting the house in Vredehoek. Would be useful to see where the kids are and keep the logistics as simple as possible for them. If we can get a 'driver' to meet at VA in Green Point we can do a mass collection there and a cycle through to the house whilst the 'driver' aka Slowbee carts the gifts to the place and those that are eager can then go over the Nek down to Camps for a drink after the handover! 

(Plus if there's crew on mountain bikes they also have the option of doing a mass ride around Deer Park after the drop onto the Table Mountain trails before going over the Nek to have a drink in Camps and then roll back to VA)

Outriders toy ride is on 10 December 7am.

Starts at 7:30 leaving from Planet fitness in Parkland 

Morning peeps.

Is there anyone able to assist with the transporting of the Representative of Nazareth House and a few children, or should we rather just deliver the gifts directly to them at the House?

Cancel request

I'm in either way, but for the sake of keeping it from being a logistical issue, I vote for a ride to the home!

Hubbers attending:

Wannabe -

Tubehunter - 2 x gifts for sub 10 year old girls (plus extra art supplies if there's a backup vehicle to the home from VA)

Enjoy it guys. We are in Australia for the next 3 weeks so not going to make it unfortunately. (jet lag means I have been wide awake since 3 am so catching up on the last few days of bikehub activities)

Guys, I'm trying to keep this thread alive. Between the other Doom 'n Gloom threads, this one can so easily disappear.

Referring to the Table Mountain Mugger thread, the majority of the kids in Nazareth house has been removed from such dire conditions, and now has the chance to a better life. We can add to this by spreading some cheer to them this Christmas.

Therefore my plea to you, please make an effort to attend this initiative, and try and get as many people as possible to attend.

It definitely is for a good cause.

Wannabe, it might be an idea to put as many details you're sure of in the topic title. Date, time, venue. It takes a bit of hunting to see what's decided. I'm keen but have a reunion the evening of the 15th. Not sure how well that's going to go. (If well will not be riding first thing on the 16th)

Wannabe, it might be an idea to put as many details you're sure of in the topic title. Date, time, venue. It takes a bit of hunting to see what's decided. I'm keen but have a reunion the evening of the 15th. Not sure how well that's going to go. (If well will not be riding first thing on the 16th)

I hear you, will add it in the first post.

Just not sure what will be the best option, carting the Sister and some kids from Nazareth House to Campsbay and cause an congestion problem at Vida, or go straight to Nazareth House and hand the toys over there.

Trying to get some consensus here.

I vote for the latter.

Archived