Awareness for Frailcare & Old Age Homes

CatzSpace "frail"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about this for a while; can't we get David onto the news or get someone to do a story on all the work that he's been doing over tge years for Frail care?!

Awesome stuff David [emoji106]

Imagine the support and exposure your cause would receive if we were to see you lining up at the start line of the Munga2017!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

http://sports-focus.co.za/celtic-lift-macufe-cup-title/

Meet Kleynhans the cycler

October 11, 2010 by NAKAMPE LEKWADU No Comments

David will conquer ‘Goliath’

David Kleynhans the cyclist is poised on taking the world by storm in the form of defying age and giving back to the elderly who are destitute, and according to him it’s all about passion without asking for nothing in return.

Heavily exhausted and sweating as a result of his cycling trip from Vaal which he left in the wee hours of the morning to the famous Birchwood Hotel, David who boldly defies the age factor gave us the rendition of who he is, where he comes from and what’s all about this initiative in a very compelling manner.

post-91605-0-18994200-1482591560_thumb.jpg

post-91605-0-26809700-1482591603.jpg

post-91605-0-70375200-1482591644_thumb.jpg

Edited by Frail-K

So when can we expect to see frail back in the saddle again?

At the moment it is difficult to say.

It depends on some details out of my control.

http://archive-za.com/za/b/birchwoodhotel.co.za/2013-08-04_2552378_10/News/

Birchwood hotel is now donating to charity by way of sports David Kleynhans is an accomplished cyclist who is using his talent to raise both funds and awareness for the elderly Through his past travels David has witnessed a number of impoverished communities where little or no assistance is offered to the elderly This revelation has struck a chord quite close to David s heart and as a result he has opted to cycle from Cape Town to Johannesburg and back again It is in that spirit that the Birchwood Hotel OR Tambo Conference Centre has opted to support this venture by becoming an official venue sponsor for his press conference and three night s accommodation on dinner bed and breakfast while he is in Johannesburg resting The F R A I L F riendship R elatives A cceptance I nvolvement and L ove tour will commence on the 14 th of November with David arriving at Birchwood Hotel as part of his Johannesburg pit stop on the 18 th of November David will then exhibit at the 94 7 expo as well as part take in the 94 7 cycle challenge NOT ONCE BUT TWICE Immediately after the race he will depart form Johannesburg and begin the second leg of his tour back to Cape Town David will end this amazing feat and return to his home city on the 25 th of November The Birchwood Hotel OR Tambo Conference Centre became aware of David s cause through Birchwood employee Clint Cosgrave who is an avid cyclist and will be taking part in the 94 7 cycle challenge.

post-91605-0-26740100-1482593038_thumb.jpg

post-91605-0-96479600-1482593268_thumb.jpg

post-91605-0-91668900-1482593450_thumb.jpg

Edited by Frail-K

http://sakhisizwe.blogspot.co.za/2010_03_01_archive.html?m=1

Cyclist Attempts world record. 3x Argus Lap.

Our last interview was with David Kleynhans - a cyclist who will be cycling the Argus Cycle Tour to collect Donations for elderly with disabilities. He says his total time in the saddle will not be less than 12 hours and about 500km. In achieving this David needs our assistance, he joined us to tell us more about his initiative and how we can help. 

post-91605-0-41985900-1482594870_thumb.jpg

post-91605-0-42657100-1482594972.jpg

Edited by Frail-K

WOW!

This is awesome, and I commend you on your effort. I remember having to put my mom in a old age home. I should have resigned from work instead, could have taken better care of her at home. I dont know if any of you have been to some of the less "prestigious" frail care facilities in the southern suburbs, all I can say is, its not good at all, despite what people say.

Perhaps we could approach Smile FM? I could try and contact them via facebook and see if we get a reply?

WOW!

Perhaps we could approach Smile FM? I could try and contact them via facebook and see if we get a reply?

Hello Mongoose001

Thanks

I have put everything on hold as I am not able to do anything at present.

David Frail