Great service from buycycle

swiftyB

Im sure you will forgive most for thinking the same thing, 3 posts and praising a bike shop that has had a fair share of complaints.

Im not saying its the case but...

Im sure you will forgive most for thinking the same thing, 3 posts and praising a bike shop that has had a fair share of complaints.

Im not saying its the case but...

Gotta love South African's pessimism... I see the two other posts this person made were for CWC Black Friday requests. 

I think Carte Blanche must do a special on this? 

Gotta love South African's pessimism... I see the two other posts this person made were for CWC Black Friday requests. 

OOOH, snap!

I know right??

I didnt bother to check the other posts, but I have been around on the internet for long enough to know there is mostly something dodgy about low post counts praising a company.

I did also include a disclaimer that it might not be the case though, because sometimes it genuinely is a happy person with a low post count that wants to tell people about it.

• 1 month later...

On the 17/01, I ordered, paid and received an email saying my order had been placed successfully for a

CYCLEOPS POWERTAP POWERCAL BLUETOOTH SMART STRAP 30235

For R1,489.00

Today I get an email from Trudie as follows:

"We are very sorry to have to inform you that our supplier advised The PowerCal (BLE) has been discontinued. This information was received this morning and they advised they only carry the new dual ANT+ / BLE units in stock.

The pricing for this product is; R2109.00

Product name - PowerCal w/dual BLE/ANT+ **NEW**

Product code - 30240

Difference from what you have already paid = R620

We can also offer you our Wahoo Tickr or Tickr x (waterproof) units. They do not give power data, like the PowerCal, but it is a great product to monitor heart rate and cadence and we are proud to say that Team sky uses the Wahoo Tickr products."

Ummm....NO! I have a HRM. And NO, I don't want to pay an extra R620.

Either supply the goods at the price advertised or refund my money.

Poor show BuyCycle.

I have now been offered a credit.

Edited by Dee1

Not my favourite online store at the moment. On 1st December 2016 I sent Trudie a mail after she gave her email here on bikehub for questions. I saw the Fox Float Air Sleeve kit for my RP23 shock for R139-00 on their site, but out of stock. The mail was to find out when there will be stock again. No reply on that mail. Earlier this week I tried to ask through their website, got a notification that it was sent to Kristi if I can remember the name correctly. Still waiting for a reply. 

There was an ashley@BuyCycle.co.za copied on my email correspondence. Worth a try... Good Luck.

Used Buycycle about three times and their service was amazing.  Even when I wanted some LG shoes in a different colour, they arranged it in double quick time

Ashley has also been available with a friendly response

On the 17/01, I ordered, paid and received an email saying my order had been placed successfully for a

CYCLEOPS POWERTAP POWERCAL BLUETOOTH SMART STRAP 30235

For R1,489.00

Today I get an email from Trudie as follows:

"We are very sorry to have to inform you that our supplier advised The PowerCal (BLE) has been discontinued. This information was received this morning and they advised they only carry the new dual ANT+ / BLE units in stock.

The pricing for this product is; R2109.00

Product name - PowerCal w/dual BLE/ANT+ **NEW**

Product code - 30240

Difference from what you have already paid = R620

We can also offer you our Wahoo Tickr or Tickr x (waterproof) units. They do not give power data, like the PowerCal, but it is a great product to monitor heart rate and cadence and we are proud to say that Team sky uses the Wahoo Tickr products."

Ummm....NO! I have a HRM. And NO, I don't want to pay an extra R620.

Either supply the goods at the price advertised or refund my money.

Poor show BuyCycle.

Dear Dee,

As per my e-mail response to you just after I received your mail, we fully understand that you must be disappointed with my response to you, as the product was listed as available on our website.

We only received information from the supplier this morning that the unit has been discontinued - we rely on them to advise when their products are no longer available and we never received any such correspondence until we wanted to place your order.

Bearing the above in mind, we do recognise the fact that our information on the website was incorrect, and as per our protocol we reacted in the shortest time possible. It is unfortunate that your concerns for refund were aired on this public forum after we had responded via email requesting your banking details for refund.

We are committed to helping our clients in any way possible and as such we have suggested an alternative product and another brand for which we were willing to give you a special deal as we understood we could not supply you with the product you wanted initially.

We really do apologise for the unhappiness caused regarding your order. We strive to keep all our customers happy by doing all we can to suggest alternative product options and if not suitable, we make refund payments.  In some cases, we are simply at the mercy of third party suppliers in terms of stock shortages or changes in information, like most retailers (online & brick and mortar) in the world.

We will contact you shortly regarding finalising the process for refund.

Kindest regards.

Not my favourite online store at the moment. On 1st December 2016 I sent Trudie a mail after she gave her email here on bikehub for questions. I saw the Fox Float Air Sleeve kit for my RP23 shock for R139-00 on their site, but out of stock. The mail was to find out when there will be stock again. No reply on that mail. Earlier this week I tried to ask through their website, got a notification that it was sent to Kristi if I can remember the name correctly. Still waiting for a reply. 

Dear Gerrie 

I really do apologise.

We have sent through the error of not receiving your mail sent to Kristie, to our technical department who will sort this out right away. 

We will be in contact to assist with the required air sleeve kit. 

Regards 

Ashley 

Yes, after I requested a refund an email was sent asking for my banking details. As such you will see the post had been updated accordingly.

I am pretty sure they have more than 3 customers. To BuyCycle you cant please them all. The problem these days is that there is no loyalty. The customer is always right and let me tell you , you can break your legs to keep them happy if they can save a dime they are gone.....its just so easy to come and spill your guts on an public forum etc, or am i just in a bad mood ??