Double standards

gtr1

Has nobody noticed the hypocrisy of the Cape Epic's doping stance. Any known dopers have a lifetime ban from riding the Cape a Epic. Yet, huge marketing mileage is being garnered about George Hincapie riding next year's Cape Epic. A known doper, and self-confessed doper.

So,why the double standards ? Are local dopers banned, but international dopers are ok because of the marketing mileage and "prestige" they bring with them ??!

Discussed, cross referenced, flogged to death and done with some weeks ago!

Edit: You should also read up on the Epic doping rules. You're wrong.

The rules stipulate that bans issued after 31 December 2012 will not be able to be involved with Epic, regardless of the time period of the band and body that issued. He was banned from September 2012 for 6 months so within the rules I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"George Hincapie riding next year's Cape Epic." . . . 

and in other news - John Lennon has been shot . . . .

;-)

Has nobody noticed the hypocrisy of the Cape Epic's doping stance. Any known dopers have a lifetime ban from riding the Cape a Epic. Yet, huge marketing mileage is being garnered about George Hincapie riding next year's Cape Epic. A known doper, and self-confessed doper.

So,why the double standards ? Are local dopers banned, but international dopers are ok because of the marketing mileage and "prestige" they bring with them ??!

I presume you are referring to the participation of Hincapie. Rule 28.3 is quite clear on this. The rule was not changed since being in force, so how on earth are local dopers disadvantaged and international dopers treated more leniently?

6c9dd5831a221f2024f496018abbee85.png

I know it''s old news that he is riding the Epic. Had not seen any debates on the doping angle. Usually everyone very vocal on doping and events banning any dopers for life. Maybe I missed them, but just thought about the doping angle tonight.

I know it''s old news that he is riding the Epic. Had not seen any debates on the doping angle. Usually everyone very vocal on doping and events banning any dopers for life. Maybe I missed them, but just thought about the doping angle tonight.

Read the rules before you get too unhappy. No rules are being bent here.

I suppose rules are rules, and he just made the cutoff. Still think it's a bit strange taking such an anti-doping stance, but then highlighting the participation of an ex doper.

As was dealt with in another thread, rules are absolute, morals are debatable. Rules says he is allowed to race, end of story, if that is morally correct can be a topic for the next six weeks worth of Friday threads

The rules stipulate that bans issued after 31 December 2012 will not be able to be involved with Epic, regardless of the time period of the band and body that issued. He was banned from September 2012 for 6 months so within the rules I guess.

Why wasnt lance caught in 2012 he would've been riding it aswell, maybe even as team mates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malpiet, luckily Lance is still banned, regardless of when. He didn't get the lenient slap on the wrist like George and his other teammates.

Much as I have a zero tolerance towards doping I would be morbidly interested in seeing what a mini blue train would be at the Epic...

#Lance riding the epic?

he would beat all of the young asthma sufferers any day and on a ss 26" steal rigid

Archived