Saddle Bags

fanievb

On a roadbike, its just a No, No, No, No !

I usually say no to mountainbikes as well, but someone with a fugly saddlebag saved my ass today when I need a bomb after burping my tyre. Five kays later and I have a lengh of fishing line wrapped around my jockey wheel so I broke my chain to get all the gut out. I like an idiot, dropped my quick link in the dirt and lost it and Mr. Fugly saddlebag rescued my ass again. He had a spare. On the day I forget all my spares the cycling gods have humbled me.

So where do you keep your RB spares.? All these rules[emoji6]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never liked a scrotum under my saddle

If Sagan uses one, I'll go there........ 

You will have to start saving for one then.

http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/11/Sagans-winter-training-begins-in-Belgium-Sagan-Twitter.jpg

So where do you keep your RB spares.? All these rules[emoji6]

Usually in my pockets,  I have a little bag with all my mtb spares in, but after my last ride I did not put it in my helmet so I forgot it today. :blush: Out of sight out of mind

Usually in my pockets, I have a little bag with all my mtb spares in, but after my last ride I did not put it in my helmet so I forgot it today. :blush: Out of sight out of mind

So where do you put all your food then lol..

Yes I have a little saddle baggie for my spares[emoji85] ..and I have flippen needed it a few times. but am now a master at changing a RB tube..never realised how much broken glass is on our roads..all bad..

You will have to start saving for one then.

http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/11/Sagans-winter-training-begins-in-Belgium-Sagan-Twitter.jpg

Oh crappa moley

:blink:  :wacko:

:w00t:  :clap:

Who needs a saddle bag? There will always be some fool who carries a saddle bag with spares...or uber to get you home...much easier to carry just a phone and credit card.

Who needs a saddle bag? There will always be some fool who carries a saddle bag with spares...or uber to get you home...much easier to carry just a phone and credit card.

Or just ride tubbies with sealant and you won't need spares.

never realised how much broken glass is on our roads..all bad..

This, it's quite bad out there... Had to fix 2 tubes on 1 day, before my ride (rear wheel) later that evening after admiring my bike :wub:  :whistling:  :P  (front wheel)...

This, it's quite bad out there... Had to fix 2 tubes on 1 day, before my ride (rear wheel) later that evening after admiring my bike :wub: :whistling: :P (front wheel)...

I believe that companies who supply product in glass...should be responsible for the disposal or recycling of their glass bottle...a deposit should be offered...it is the only way to stop drunks throwing the bottle on the road.

When have ever seen a broken quart bottle on the road?

Walked too many miles to believe in this anymore.

Saddle bag for me thanks, always.

Was never bothered about any rules wrt saddle bags.  In SA I always had one and it was of great use many many times.  However my trusty saddlebag has been retrenched here in Germany.  Replaced it with a "tool box" that fits into the bottle cage.  In Europe the next town is not far away so running out of liquid is not a problem.  Just take some cash with you.

Try chains from Kiwi on the Hub.  Reasonably priced too and out of this world service.

Have done 7000 kms on a chain albeit  be it 9sp.

Try chains from Kiwi on the Hub. Reasonably priced too and out of this world service.

Have done 7000 kms on a chain albeit be it 9sp.

To secure the saddle bag [emoji12]

Archived