2017 Tour De PPA funride and League

LeoKnight

Thanks I spoke to Rory - course Marshall - will be mailing him later on when I am done at work.

Cool. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes I thought that was you I was going to shout "Hey Dale" but then I realised that I was using all my breath for that last minute ... which was quite long as minutes go!

That would've been me in the Cannondale green gilet shouting '1min of pain to go'

Nicely done
Rest up, Mamil

DJ - I heard your shout but you were going too fast for me to say Howzit back!!

Hey Mamil, cought up with your group just after exiting the town (after vissershok) and gave you a shoutout :thumbup: . I was the rider in blue shirt with a D number on my back. Sorry to hear that the race broke you :wacko:

This was an object lesson in what happens when your bunch drops you in the first 400 meters ... Yes I was that guy. The start took me by surprise standing as I was in the second row from the back proudly wearing my new H racing number. The woman just said "Off you go" ... and they all did exactly that.

H took off like the devil himself was after them instead of just me. I thought about yelling "Wait for me" but I didn't think this would be cool. I had cast an appraising eye over the other H members while we waited for the start and I thought they looked intimidatingly fitter, meaner and faster than K where I was last week and they confirmed this impression as I tried to catch them on the downhill to Bloemendal. I pushed hard up the little hill before the big drop to Conties but by the time I made the right turn just before Burgundy I had accepted my fate and had even begun to look forward to the ignominy of being caught by I.

And they got me just before Vissershok. Andydude went past with a friendly pat on the back and I didn't see him again. The hill spread us all out and I just wanted to make sure that by the time I got over the hill (some say it's too late for that) that I had at least a small group around me. My legs still felt like lead but I see that I was about 2 minutes faster up the hill than I was at the end of the 99er so not all was bad news. Dale's "1 more minute" actually really helped!

Heading out of Durbanville I had a sprinkling of H, a good number of I, a G and we had pretty good group going. DJ went past way too fast. At a point I realised that the three people in front of me were HIG and that made me the H in HIGH - which lifted my spirits.

The High was short lived however, this group dropped me about 15k shy of Windmeul and I settled in for a long dark night of the soul before the next batch caught up with me - some K's, I's and J's. Here I was more comfortable even though I had expended way too much energy trying to catch up with the groups that left me behind I had enough to stick with these guys and even took a turn on the front until the water point at 86k where I had to stop for a fresh bottle and the group splintered amongst the slower riders from the short route. I spent a fair amount of time trying to get a G an O an R and a stray E to line up but all I could manage was a HOG where I was the H.

The last 10k was tough tough tough and I rolled across the finish line in 3.42 - which I'm not too displeased with given how much time I spent on my own. I'm also pleased that my knee held up quite well having fallen off my MTB again on Friday. I took the Merida into the LBS and told them to torture it until it told them why it keeps throwing me off. My wife says it's a no brainer and the Merida told her it's 'cos I'm spending so much time on the road bike AND I bought that baaitch a new set of tyres so I got what was coming to me.

Merida and I will have to kiss and make up before next Sunday's 55k CTCT MTB race though.

Tough outing there, mamil

Most bunches are also pretty sharp at this point in summer.

Feb racing is always hot because most are peaking and have put in hard yards in Dec-Jan.

The rollers and the wind gods make for a tough task as well.

Well done.

In the A Chase group we caught the one racing league. The retarded CSA commissioner waved the peloton of riders past his car while sitting in his bloody polo on the white line. Forcing the entire peloton over the white line.

I have never seen such a retarded person in my life. All he had to do was pull into yellow lane behind the 8 racing guys.

Otherwise it was great, just like a spring classic!!

Try this from the ethics thread, I'm sure he could have been your commissionaire:

You have an unbelieveable arrogant and condescending attitiude.

You have more to loose than me judging by your excuse of a website.

It is just too bad you are in moffietown...

Enjoy your little life. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Try this from the ethics thread, I'm sure he could have been your commissionaire:

Was nice seeing you today Rob!! Shouted a few times to you guys!!

Was nice seeing you today Rob!! Shouted a few times to you guys!!

We were hurting when you caught us, for some reason my Captain thought it was an ITT. When the split came in A we got caught in the wind and the rest was another ITT to the finish with B passing us at 97km.

Thanks Dale - it was great fun despite the difficulty and it's all learning for me.Cool to be learning a new sport.

I hope I don't annoy too many roadies when I say that I've yet to suffer on a road bike the way I have on a mountain bike. 

Tough outing there, mamil

Most bunches are also pretty sharp at this point in summer.
Feb racing is always hot because most are peaking and have put in hard yards in Dec-Jan.

The rollers and the wind gods make for a tough task as well.
Well done.

We were hurting when you caught us, for some reason my Captain thought it was an ITT. When the split came in A we got caught in the wind and the rest was another ITT to the finish with B passing us at 97km.

I saw the cool white machine work it's way up Vissers Walk ????????????????????????

I hope I don't annoy too many roadies when I say that I've yet to suffer on a road bike the way I have on a mountain bike.

Suffering goes up exponentially as you join the faster bunches

And, then again, suffering is suffering ????

Started F bunch, worked well together until we caught E, then guttering started....quite amuzed by older guy saying I should sit right and that I am pushing him off my wheel....does he really think I am going to let him get a free ride while I suffer...managed to finish 20 seconds after them, avoided the choas of the last little drag. Good race with solid effort. Will help my quest in improving my seeding while I work on my weight!

In the A Chase group we caught the one racing league. The retarded CSA commissioner waved the peloton of riders past his car while sitting in his bloody polo on the white line. Forcing the entire peloton over the white line.

I have never seen such a retarded person in my life. All he had to do was pull into yellow lane behind the 8 racing guys.

Otherwise it was great, just like a spring classic!!

I'm especially looking forward to Pure Savage race report for this ride. Sufferfest!

Started F bunch, worked well together until we caught E, then guttering started....quite amuzed by older guy saying I should sit right and that I am pushing him off my wheel....does he really think I am going to let him get a free ride while I suffer...managed to finish 20 seconds after them, avoided the choas of the last little drag. Good race with solid effort. Will help my quest in improving my seeding while I work on my weight!

The E group was sent the wrong way down Boland Way (left instead of right) by a marshal/traffic official.  By the time we were fetched by a moto marshal, and turned around and got back on the correct route, the front F guys had gone past. Quite frustrating and caused E group to lose 3-4 minutes by my estimation.

Lactic acid seeping through them eyeballs can do funny things to people

You should hear the fark off, and fork you in the A and B bunches

Although this season it's been chilled.

I saw the cool white machine work it's way up Vissers Walk

I saw you but I don't think I could breath at that stage with a HR of around 191 bpm so was unable to even grunt a hello.  Did you see how fast the pair in front of us was?  They jumped from the gun and got about 100m on us by the time we hit the main road. Chased and caught them and for some reason my Captain went to the front for about 1500m. As we turned onto Visserhok they were rested and took off. Mind you, that was the only climb we left the big blade in the whole race so clearly they out smarted us and got away. Then when A caught us I thought we would wheel them in but riding a tandem with normal bikes is not much fun and we got shelled lugging the 16kg anchor up a fast rise. One of…nine hundred and thirty…nine…nine hundred and thirty nine million, three thousand and sixty thousand…close to a billion rises we hit after Visserhok.

We also had an encounter with a peleton of sheep that were crossing the road - I felt good that we'd caught them but we had to shoo them out of the road. Both sides of the white line too. Disqualified!!

Archived