[Event] Bestmed Berge En Dale Classic

PRFullstop

Event Name: Bestmed Berge En Dale Classic
When: 4 February 2017
Where: Cradlestone Mall, Gauteng
Category: Road

The 2017 Berge en Dale Classic, presented by Optimum Financial Services, is a premier seeding event for the Cape Town Cycle Tour, presenting distance options over 102km and 55km.

The event kicks off from the Cradlestone Mall in the West Rand on 4 February 2017.

The state-of-the-art Cradlestone Shopping Mall on the R28 provides a user-friendly experience with ample parking and lots to do once the race finishes.

The event attracted 5 000 cyclists in the 2017 edition and venue and route remain unchanged.

Distance: 102km; 55km

Start Time: 06:00 (102); 07:30 (55km)

Entry Fee: R390 (102km); R250 (55km)

Go to Event Page

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ASG..............................

Wonder if this year they will have a registration closer to my side of town?

Between ASG prices and Gauteng champ prices I am considering skipping this and just do a training ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a look and this race is not ons CSA calendar. Is this race sanctioned?

If not sanctioned then means I and other licensed riders can not competw right?

Just had a look and this race is not ons CSA calendar. Is this race sanctioned?

If not sanctioned then means I and other licensed riders can not competw right?

It took 4.5 weeks for the race I'm involved with to appear on the calendar.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is an adminstrative problem, as I can't believe this event would go ahead unsanctioned. Funnier things have happened.

Coffee/training ride for me...

ASG..............................

Wonder if this year they will have a registration closer to my side of town?

Between ASG prices and Gauteng champ prices I am considering skipping this and just do a training ride.

Late entries will be accepted at the following registration venues:

Thursday 2 February: Cycle Lab Fourways 10h00 – 17h00

Friday 3 February: Cradestone Mall 10h00 – 17h00

It's like the earth in relation to the sun in summer vs winter... closer, but still millions of miles away.

Late entries will be accepted at the following registration venues:

Thursday 2 February: Cycle Lab Fourways 10h00 – 17h00

Friday 3 February: Cradestone Mall 10h00 – 17h00

It's like the earth in relation to the sun in summer vs winter... closer, but still millions of miles away.

This helps me buggerall as I don't live in JHB. [emoji24]

Okay.. I wasn't going to to do it. But if I was it would be a complicated story.[emoji12]

Edited by Gen

This helps me buggerall as I don't live in JHB. [emoji24]

Okay.. I wasn't going to to do it. But if I was it would be a complicated story.[emoji12]

I sent a mail (last week) to Wynand (organiser) to discuss the possibility of permanent numbers - as he has 4-5 events that he manages. No reply yet, but I know how busy it gets in the last 2 weeks before an event.

By adding one or two other events, it would be a great way to show how a permanent number could work.

I sent a mail (last week) to Wynand (organiser) to discuss the possibility of permanent numbers - as he has 4-5 events that he manages. No reply yet, but I know how busy it gets in the last 2 weeks before an event.

By adding one or two other events, it would be a great way to show how a permanent number could work.

Ja there has to be an easier way, I reckon a lot of people opt not to enter events because number collection etc is a problem, I would do events up there if it wasn't such a mission, and I am sure I am not the only out of towner that feels that way.. see I need to do 1 or 2 events over 100km in Feb..but jissie it's too much of a mission for me to get entry number etc sorted... so now I am stuck with local events and they are only just over 80km.

Good on you for reaching out to them.

Edited by Gen

Ja there has to be an easier way, I reckon a lot of people opt not to enter events because number collection etc is a problem, I would do events up there if it wasn't such a mission, and I am sure I am not the only out of towner that feels that way.. see I need to do 1 or 2 events over 100km in Feb..but jissie it's too much of a mission for me to get entry number etc sorted... so now I am stuck with local events and they are only just over 80km.

Double loop?!?!?!?!

Double loop?!?!?!?!

Ja okay smartie pants lol

The idea is to try and ride in a group for a longer distance in a race setup to really get used to race pace over a longer distance..

Edited by Gen

That's a v nice pragmatic approach - thin-end-of-the-wedge stuff. Good luck with it!

That's a v nice pragmatic approach - thin-end-of-the-wedge stuff. Good luck with it!

He is quite good like that.. [emoji106]

After yesterday's race, I am out for this one... limping with no bike.

If anyone wants a discounted substitution, please hit me up!