Value Logistics Fast One 2017

Long Wheel Base

After the route mess up with serengeti 2(?) years ago I am not suprised it hasn't returned. Emperors always used to be just before argus. Also been a few years since it moved. But with berge n dale being R390 to enter I reckon emperors will be similar. Literally 15 min to ride to the start of that one for me so will see how things go closer to the time.

Emperors was on the same day as Paris-Roubaix (2nd Sunday of April) - been like that for a number of years.

The guys at Serengeti were trying to get their race back on the calendar, but I think one of the reasons was permission to use certain roads.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always a good start to the year and best of all one of the few times i can cycle to the start of a race :)

looking forward to AL this year, was really strong and good fun towards end of 2016.

This morning on my run i ran past a number of notice boards informing the town of the race on Sunday. 

Hi all, does anyone received info on start times etc...... webpage is very brief... makes mention of mid Jan? I've not received anything? Has anyone heard anything?
​Eish wish there was a number collection on the East Rand?...... Will have to do the morning thing.... :wacko: 

Hi all, does anyone received info on start times etc...... webpage is very brief... makes mention of mid Jan? I've not received anything? Has anyone heard anything?

​Eish wish there was a number collection on the East Rand?...... Will have to do the morning thing.... :wacko:

You should get a sms around Wednesday with start group and times.

Number collection................................ That's a thread on its own, Your not the only one that doesn't agree with it. I am also on the east rand and we usually the furthest from any collection points. :thumbdown:

You should get a sms around Wednesday with start group and times.

Number collection................................ That's a thread on its own, Your not the only one that doesn't agree with it. I am also on the east rand and we usually the furthest from any collection points. :thumbdown:

thanks mate........... let's see..... permanent controlled number could work....... i'm not about goodie bags?? so number collection ......... ja u right.... another thread on it's own :whistling: 

Online entries only closed yesterday

post-1372-0-91521200-1485173308_thumb.png

The guys at the race office are not magicians that can push a button and voila... all done in a few hours - although they are probably set-up to do so.

That said, I'd be the first to jump on the bandwagon for a permanent number (for the year).

I'll be there doing my umpteetnth one, still getting over my illness so just going to have a bit of fun and stay upright  :thumbup:

Entered, and going for an easy ride with a friend.

Anyone got a route map? Is it the same as last year?

How is the route? 1st time doing this race.

Bring your climbing legs! Compact crank recommended for that middle section! Wouldn't take it in with anything less than a 28 on the back!!

Bring your climbing legs! Compact crank recommended for that middle section! Wouldn't take it in with anything less than a 28 on the back!!

Evil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the route? 1st time doing this race. 

It's called the FAST ONE.... because it is FLAT and FAST !!

Archived