How long does the average CRC order take?

BaGearA

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My most recent experience:

• Order placed with CRC on Friday, 19th of May. I qualified for free shipping and chose it as I wasn't in a hurry to receive the items. My order was split into two parcels.
  • First parcel sorted for export on Monday, 22nd of May (Parcelforce)
  • First parcel arrived in destination country (JHB) on Tuesday, 30th of May
  • First parcel was delivered (CPT) on Monday, 5th of June. Received a friendly call that morning to say the parcel was going to be delivered.
  • First parcel took 11 working days from order to delivery.
  • Second parcel sorted for export on Tuesday, 23rd of May (PostNL)
  • Second parcel arrived in destination country (JHB) on Wednesday, 31st of May
  • Second parcel was received at office of exchange (CPT) on Wednesday, 7th of June.
  • Still waiting for delivery of the second parcel...
  • Second parcel sorted for export on Tuesday, 23rd of May (PostNL)

Update to my original post: I collected my second parcel yesterday. After the status hadn't changed since Wednesday, 7th of June, I gave Cape Mail a call yesterday morning. I was told the item is waiting at Bay Side Post Office and could be collected.

Bay Side Post Office said they've got a shortage of drivers, hence the lack of delivery. VAT was paid over the counter (in cash) and my order is now complete!

FYI: I used http://www.17track.net/ throughout the shipping process and found it the easiest way to keep track of multiple order numbers. And the status my second parcel remained on since last week was:  CAPETOWN E EMS, Receive item at office of exchange That was the same status my first parcel was on when it was delivered. So I had a feeling all along my second parcel was ready (since last week), but that something was up.

If in doubt, give EMS a call: https://www.emssouthafrica.co.za/contactus/location.html

Edited by mikkelz

FYI: I used http://www.17track.net/ throughout the shipping process and found it the easiest way to keep track of multiple order numbers. 

Dang, thanks for this. They have more info on my package than DHL does. Even though it doesn't really help me at this point.

2017-06-09 06:33 JIMC A AIR LETTERS, Send item to customs
2017-06-09 06:33 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), To Customs
2017-06-03 19:45 JIMC A AIR LETTERS, Receive item at office of exchange
2017-06-03 07:45 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), Incomming International

How does a random website have more info than our actual Post Office. This is just unbelievable.

Crazy hey? The status of my parcel on 17track.net was more up-to-date than on the South African Post Office's website, even after the parcel had arrived in South Africa.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently ordered from Chain Reaction Cycles and I am pretty happy with the experience and 2 weeks for the "free delivery" service was impressive considering it had to got through customs and Post Office. 

Timeline:
> Placed my order with CRC on the 11th June 17 (using the free delivery service) 
> Items were shipped on the 12th June 17 (Parcelforce was the carrier) 
> Tracked parcel on the ParcelForce website using CRC tracking ref (see 

25/6/2017                       20:48           SOUTH AFRICA               Received at delivery depot

25/6/2017                       8:37              JO'BURG INT MAILCENTRE EMS…+JO'BURG INT MAIL CENTRE EMS

Tracked in destination country

22/6/2017                       15:37           JO'BURG INT MAILCENTRE EMS…+JO'BURG INT MAIL CENTRE EMS

Arrived in destination country

14/6/2017                       10:00           International Hub       Exported from the UK

14/6/2017                       4:00              International Hub       Prepared for export

13/6/2017                       21:21           International Hub       Sorted for export

> On the 27th, I called the SA contact no on the ParcelForce website (0860111502 - SAPO ) and after giving the Parcelforce tracking ref, they then gave me the SA post office tracking ref and told me that the parcel just arrived at my local Post office.
> Using the new tracking numbers, I then picked up the items at the Post Office on the same day (27th June)
> In terms of costs  - I had to pay VAT + (clearance fee R46)

Edited by Nish23

• 2 weeks later...

So here's my experience so far. I got multiple tracking numbers from the original dispatch email that took 1 day from placement to dispatch.

6/27/2017 11:44 PM Posting/Collection AMSTERDAM

6/30/2017 7:52 AM Departure from outward office of exchange NLRTMI

7/6/2017 12:27 PM Arrival at inward office of exchange JIMC E

7/6/2017 12:30 PM Held by customs JIMC E

7/7/2017 9:05 AM Departure from inward office of exchange JIMC E

I'll give the post office a ring to see where it's headed and head in to pay some vat.