How long does the average CRC order take?

BaGearA

Going to order through the post, its just a chainring so DHL is going to cost more than the product itself.

Just looking for A ballpark 

Thanks.  

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anywhere from 2 to 3 days to reach Joburg from Northern Ireland... Then anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks to get to your nearest PO.

Exactly what shaper said. It all depends on jhb intl mail centre (JIMC), which is pretty much a lottery. I placed a large order with bike discount in Germany. The order was split into two parcels and both were shipped on 27 Dec. The first parcel was checked in at JIMC in SA on 7 Jan, was bagged and forwarded onto the Western Cape on 11 Jan, received at the local mail centre on 12 Jan and I collected from my local post office in Stellenbosch on 16 Jan.

The second parcel was checked in at JIMC in SA on 6 Jan (a day earlier than the parcel that I've already collected), was bagged and forwarded onto the Western Cape on 18 Jan. I'm hoping that it's delivered for collection in the next week.

A tip. Make sure you choose the tracked mailing option. That way you are given a tracking number that you can use to track your parcel. Choosing the free/non-tracked mailing option pretty much leaves you in the dark with regards your parcel's progress.

item arrived two weeks after using crc free postage and took two weeks using crc paid postage, whenever i ordered anything via DHL it took 2-3 days....

anywhere from 2 to 3 days to reach Joburg from Northern Ireland... Then anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks to get to your nearest PO.

Typical!

I ordered on the 29th of January and received the package at my local post office on the 17th of January. It took 2 days for my stuff to leave Northern Ireland, arrived at JIMC on the 4th; left JIMC for Durban EMS on the 7th; left for my local post office on the 12th and I got the letter to colect it from my local post-office on the 17th.

I ordered on the 29th of January and received the package at my local post office on the 17th of January. It took 2 days for my stuff to leave Northern Ireland, arrived at JIMC on the 4th; left JIMC for Durban EMS on the 7th; left for my local post office on the 12th and I got the letter to colect it from my local post-office on the 17th.

That's pretty impressive service. 

Day 1 Components  Ordered on Thursday 19th Jan 2017 midday ....DHL Delivery option selected

Day 2 CRC-Notice payment complete order is estimated to be dispatched by 20 Jan 2017  

Day 3 HDL -Notice- 21 Jan ...customs payment due RSA

Day 4 Sunday

Day 5 ...DHL parcel tracking on its way will be delivered 24th

Day 6    DHL- 24th jan phone call 07.45...Apologising that delivery missed morning delivery and will only be delivered this afternoon

Parcel delivered At 16h00...should be on the bike by this evening

I placed my order with CRC on Tuesday morning & chose DHL for delivery.

DHL sent an SMS last night requesting payment, which I did this morning and the parcel arrived at 2:00 this afternoon.

That must be some kind if record!

I placed an order at bike24 in the beginning of the month and paid for dhl delivery, the parcel was sent by dhl on the 12th and I still haven't received it. I have tried to track it on the South african dhl site, but it does not show,it does show on the sapo tracking. Why would they take so long and should dhl not deliver it? Why does sapo have it. Any advice. 

I placed an order at bike24 in the beginning of the month and paid for dhl delivery, the parcel was sent by dhl on the 12th and I still haven't received it. I have tried to track it on the South african dhl site, but it does not show,it does show on the sapo tracking. Why would they take so long and should dhl not deliver it? Why does sapo have it. Any advice.

Bike 24 will take 2weeks and it goes to SAPO yes for some stupid reason.

Edited by Malpiet

I bought 2 disk brake rotors off CRC the Monday before Christmas, paid for DHL because even with DHL the 2 were R300 cheaper than I could get locally. They arrived at work the Friday before Christmas (so 4 days from order) and I didn't get charged vat or customes. I always go the DHL route, still works out cheaper generally.