Register your Santa Cruz

News bot

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why create all these expectations that you'll get amazing after-sales service when you register and then when you click on the Bearing Warranty link you get sent to the US site, which says if you're outside the US, etc you need to contact a local dealer.... awesome...ok, so I must contact my LBS who will give me the usual blank stare when I ask them for more bearings, or try and charge me.... FAIL. Great product, but service...eish..not so much.

Why create all these expectations that you'll get amazing after-sales service when you register and then when you click on the Bearing Warranty link you get sent to the US site, which says if you're outside the US, etc you need to contact a local dealer.... awesome...ok, so I must contact my LBS who will give me the usual blank stare when I ask them for more bearings, or try and charge me.... FAIL. Great product, but service...eish..not so much.

Hi Dwinter

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. I would be more than willing to run through the process and requirements with you, as the post entails, this is a huge selling point of the bikes, and a process we are working to streamline. Drop me a DM with your details and I'll give you a buzz?

Promise I will register mine this week...

If you don't.... the grumpy old coot is gonna get you.... then you will be from heaven... ;)

If you don't.... the grumpy old coot is gonna get you.... then you will be from heaven... ;)

And yes Iwan, there is a bike check coming too ;)

Though that will be in a different section altogether...

To answer your question more thoroughly, yes, it does indeed warn you to "contact your region's distributor to make a bearing warranty claim" if you are outside this US, this is merely to simplify the process and direct through the local distributor. However, as you may have seen, we have fully integrated with Santa Cruz and Juliana on localized sites which means ALL claims generated work through our CRM system if the user selects his / her country as South Africa.

So, as the post indicated, if a user registers their purchase, then registers a claim should he / she need to, the claim will be dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible and will be tracked and traced by both Santa Cruz in the US as well as through us.

And yes Iwan, there is a bike check coming too ;)

Though that will be in a different section altogether...

Is that the HOT section... where you grow horns... :)

My linkage bearings seized (after perhaps a less than ideal service following the Imana wild ride).

Santa Cruz sent me a whole new frame. No Questions asked by LBS or SC.

Believe the hype!

To answer your question more thoroughly, yes, it does indeed warn you to "contact your region's distributor to make a bearing warranty claim" if you are outside this US, this is merely to simplify the process and direct through the local distributor. However, as you may have seen, we have fully integrated with Santa Cruz and Juliana on localized sites which means ALL claims generated work through our CRM system if the user selects his / her country as South Africa.

So, as the post indicated, if a user registers their purchase, then registers a claim should he / she need to, the claim will be dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible and will be tracked and traced by both Santa Cruz in the US as well as through us.

Hi I'm From Earth,

Thanks for your response. I'm still not sure I understand the process 100%, but nevertheless I've submitted a bearing warranty claim via the US site as you suggested (included my purchase invoice) and - from what you've explained - will your CRM system pick up my claim and sort it out? Or do I still need to contact my local SC dealer? 

My linkage bearings seized (after perhaps a less than ideal service following the Imana wild ride).

Santa Cruz sent me a whole new frame. No Questions asked by LBS or SC.

Believe the hype!

Imana: where metal goes to die!

So how do we determine if our registration was successful.

I registered late last year and it has been suspiciously silent with regards to the following :  

"Santa Cruz owners club and gain exclusive access to invite-only events, product launches, riding days, demo sessions and many, many more value-packed bonuses."

Have yet to see any of those....

So how do we determine if our registration was successful.

I registered late last year and it has been suspiciously silent with regards to the following :  

"Santa Cruz owners club and gain exclusive access to invite-only events, product launches, riding days, demo sessions and many, many more value-packed bonuses."[/size]

Have yet to see any of those....

Keep your eyes peeled. We've only assumed the agency from 1st Jan, bikes are on the water at the moment with ETA 2rd week of Feb, and the first events to kick off from the end of this month. We will be listing upcoming demo and other events here: 

https://www.rushsports.co.za/pages/demo-tour

and here:

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-ZA/south-african-demo-tour

Registered my LTc but I have to depressure the shock and cycle the suspension on the Hightower to get at the serial number ....what a dumb place to put it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was just wondering does my secondhand SC qualify for this registration or just new bikes? ( my understanding is that it does not qualify)