Stolen: Giant Full Carbon TCR 2015 (Cape Town)

FootballingCyclist

Stolen: Giant Full Carbon TCR 2013/2014
When: 14 February 2017
Where: Cape Town, Western Cape

Hi Guys.

Please dont crucify me for this post, But because of the amount of thefts we have having, I thought I best share this.

My buddy just saw this at Cash Converters in Plumstead, right next to Neils Wheels(I am not implying anything, simply sharing the location of the bike). I am ALWAYS sceptical about bikes at Cash Converters as I don't know that many cyclists would go and sell their bikes there as a 1st option.

They are selling it for 15k, which means they probably bought it for like 10k...

If this is yours or anybodies bike which you perhaps are aware of, Please let them know. You can contact me and I will go there and "book" the bike till you can manage to come there yourself or get the cops there as I am based right opposite.

Cheers

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section

That's not a 2015. I would think its 2013/2014. The 2015 composite is black/blue. The fork looks like its off a Raleigh. Those components also aren't standard. That model came out with ultegra. It could very well be a dodgy stolen deal but IMHO its not worth much more than what they asking anyway. 

If it is stolen I hope the rightful owner is reunited with their steed.

Thanks for picking it up and posting. Rather be safe than sorry.

That's not a 2015. I would think its 2013/2014. The 2015 composite is black/blue. The fork looks like its off a Raleigh. Those components also aren't standard. That model came out with ultegra. It could very well be a dodgy stolen deal but IMHO its not worth much more than what they asking anyway. 

If it is stolen I hope the rightful owner is reunited with their steed.

Thanks for picking it up and posting. Rather be safe than sorry.

Apologies about the year model, post adjusted accordingly.

I do agree, as it stands there it is not worth much more than the asking price which makes me believe they must have bought it for about half of that price.

I am aware that Gants do not come out standard like this as I know these bikes come out with Giant forks of which is not the case here. So possibly a built up bike from parts bought separately. But as I said, Personally, I find any "decent" bike being sold at Cash Converters to be dodgy as majority of bike owners would look elsewhere before selling it there for little or next to nothing.

Just thought I could share here before it is sold and possibly alert the rightful owner IF this bike is indeed stolen.

I have sold non cycling stuff to CC before and this is my impression of how they buy and sell:

e.g. If you paid 20k they will offer you less than 10k and sell it for 15k +

That means they probably paid in the region of R7.5k or less. I once saw power tools being sold at a higher price than new so they are not shy!

I have sold non cycling stuff to CC before and this is my impression of how they buy and sell:

e.g. If you paid 20k they will offer you less than 10k and sell it for 15k +

That means they probably paid in the region of R7.5k or less. I once saw power tools being sold at a higher price than new so they are not shy!

Correct, their general markup is 100% 

Archived