USN #2 modderfontein mudfest

LONE TWO

Ride there often for 3 years now and it's been the worst ever.

It won't be adequately drained by Saturday and it's the worst Modders has been maintained ever I think the management company has withdrawn.

Frankly it looks pathetic.

I'm a hardcore racer and don't see myself wanting to race there for numerous reasons.

No maintenance,too much mud etc

Personally I think modders needs to be boycotted until they maintain the reserve

Notherns and all the other places give you bang for buck.

With all its safety issues Spruit is better maintained and at no cost

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm bunking tomorrow.

Sent from my Nokia 6310i

Surprised they have not cancelled or postponed it yet - Modders is a mess with more rain predicted.

Surprised they have not cancelled or postponed it yet - Modders is a mess with more rain predicted.

I just have no interest in causing unnecessary wear and tear.

Sent from my Nokia 6310i

The Corporate event scheduled for today has been cancelled. Have fun tomorrow. Those who have gone 1x might find it a lot easier....

I don't understand why it is not moved/postponed. I think it is going to cause more damage to the trails than it is worth.

Who cares about the environment and the trail conditions anyway... right???

I don't understand why it is not moved/postponed. I think it is going to cause more damage to the trails than it is worth.

Who cares about the environment and the trail conditions anyway... right???

shocking to think the organizers and trail management haven't considered this.... 1500 tyres through a soft muddy section = trail damage of note...

shocking to think the organizers and trail management haven't considered this.... 1500 tyres through a soft muddy section = trail damage of note...

Really really fkn dof!

What do you guys propose then? 

It is an outdoor sport, MTB events take place all over in wet conditions and many far worse than Modderfontein.

Had a quick ride through Modder this morning. It's plenty wet on the majority of single track. A large number of riders is going to trash the place. Pity.

What do you guys propose then? 

It is an outdoor sport, MTB events take place all over in wet conditions and many far worse than Modderfontein.

I heard that riding in mud can cause damage to the ozone. I propose we change the venue to Hector Norris 

Archived