Hi 

I have been selling on the hub for a few years now. Whenever I sell something, it's either collected/delivered or small enough to send via Postnet R99 or Speed Services, Aramex etc. I am currently selling a set of wheels and have an interested buyer. I sourced a wheel box from my LBS and went and got quotes from the usual suspects. Cheapest I could find was R685, almost half what I am asking for the wheels. Question here is who do you use for local larger packages? I have searched the forums and nothing pops up, so sorry if this has been covered before.

If you posting to Cape Town, Ask someone doing the Argus to put them in with their bike next week.

Rest of the locations and year, Have no idea. 

Where you sending them?

check with you LBS who they use and ask if you can send through them

last time I bought wheels was sent through Postnet for R250

Going from Durban to Oudtshoorn if the price is right, obviously this guy doesn't want to fork out too much.

Thanks, they got a branch in Durban?

Not sure, but they collect and ship all over the country.

Believe it or not, THE POST OFFICE!!!!

If you post them tracked and insured, should cost about R130. Takes about a week.

If just received a pair of wheels posted in Durbs, tracked and insured, cost R130, I think.

I do quite a bit of posting, as long as it's tracked and insured (can't belabour the point enough), everything seems to work.

100% to the post office for smaller packages, but they just quoted R850, albiet without the box present.

I have also used regular post office for wheels a few times, and they are dirt cheap. They also give you a tracking number (most of the time its useless as their website never work - But beside the point)

Also try "MDS Colliviery". I sent a dual sus bike, full bike, for around R600.

They are great and I always use them when a courier is needed

Hope this helps

I have had EXTREME difficulties with couriers from Durban to any part of SA. Dbn - Jhb for a bike = R1200 (Dawn Wing) and R600 if the person arranges a pick-up from that side with the same company.

Durban (all of them) couriers suck big time!

Aramex or Postnet for me thanks.  

Aramex deliver for the same price as Postnet.

I had wheels collected from me to Cape Town for R350.00.  I did box them though.

Best of luck with the Durban lot an'oll.  

Tryptich do not have an office in Durban.

Edited by Sepia

Try XOC (http://www.xoc.co.za/) - used them several times and they have very good pricing.

I have shipped entire bikes for under R500 with them.

*Edit: Never had any issues with them - they have always been reliable

Edited by Schnavel

Postnet if you're in a rush. Cost me R200 for a set of RS10's (aka heavy).

Post office took two weeks to deliver-in a wheel box-and cost R165.Use Trackmyparcel to track progress; you always get a tracking number.

I love SAPO, not because their service is always tops, but because I believe that to see change we have to create it-in this case using SAPO.

My packages usually take between 1and 2 weeks. We only get post Tuesdays and Thursdays because it's the platteland

Postnet if you're in a rush. Cost me R200 for a set of RS10's (aka heavy).

Post office took two weeks to deliver-in a wheel box-and cost R165.Use Trackmyparcel to track progress; you always get a tracking number.

I love SAPO, not because their service is always tops, but because I believe that to see change we have to create it-in this case using SAPO.

My packages usually take between 1and 2 weeks. We only get post Tuesdays and Thursdays because it's the platteland

problem with wheels is volumetric weight not actual weight i.e. a set of Zipps and 29er stock wheels will cost the same if you use the same size box. 

problem with wheels is volumetric weight not actual weight i.e. a set of Zipps and 29er stock wheels will cost the same if you use the same size box.

Indeed...