Kingskloof 2017

L.T.G

I realize there're half a dozen other threads floating around .. but battling to find them.

Anyone been to Kings lately?

Trails clean ? Or will I need to take a weed eater with?

From what I heard from the missus, you would probably need a weedeater.

Gnarlier than ever, and that was before the rains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Never ridden there and am keen to check it out this weekend.

Anyone have the latest on what the trails are like?
Where to park?
Where to pay/fees etc.?

Was last there at the beginning of May, the section through the kloof was not too overgrown actually but lots of "fresh" :whistling:  rocks from the rains.  But hey, signposts and manicured trails have never been their thing.  

post-41145-0-11791700-1497343768_thumb.jpg

The section out to the west where you go through the cattle gate and into more open grasslands the trail markers are all but gone so could get a wee bit confusing if you don't know the route.  The old road down again remains pretty overgrown and rocky,

Parking and payment still at the same place, the farm stall on the N14, was still R40 I think.  Overall remains a good adventure ride, stick with the non fashion police approved short socks in case black jack season isn't over! It's awesome scenery and hardly used, the last few times I have been have only met a trail runner, they seem to be using it more than MTB these days.

Unfortunately I was ill and had to pull out of the excursion but the other two rode through from the Cradle.
Feedback was exactly as pre-described, technical and scenic :) But does sound like its rideable.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone ridden at Kingskloof lately?

Drove past a few months ago....place seemed deserted...even the kiosk shutters were closed ( boarded up ? )

• 4 weeks later...

Drove past a few months ago....place seemed deserted...even the kiosk shutters were closed ( boarded up ? )

Went past on the road bike on the weekend and looked like business as usual with 5 or 6 cars parked by the road stall/kiosk which was open.

Went past on the road bike on the weekend and looked like business as usual with 5 or 6 cars parked by the road stall/kiosk which was open.

Very odd. Drove past on a Sunday about 2 weeks ago. Still looked deserted. Wish someone from Kings will comment.

• 1 year later...

I see that the posts are quite old on this thread. I rode at Kingskloof on 6 July 2019 and it is in tip top condition. The marking and signage is improved and the trails trimmed. I suspect probably because of a recent trail run event. The point is, the ride is clean and still gnarly and there are more hikers than before. More people using it which is promising and it is in the best nick it has been  in for years. Give it a go. There is a fantasic descent from the road cut by the Voortrekers right down to near the dam. fast and fun.