Trilad

Goodbadugly

So i eventually got my money back yesterday afternoon. I will be sending his fathers contact details onto the 2 other okes that i know he owe's money to.

This is good news.  Well done on following it through.  This type of person is the low life of society.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i used the contact us link at the bottom of the bikehub page to try and get into contact with any person running this show?

Does anyone know how to get hold of someone in charge? Quite pathetic that they are not monitoring that contact page...

Hi lerouc,

My sincere apologies for the slip up! We do actively monitor incoming support tickets via the contact page, but unfortunately yours has slipped through. 

I'm pleased to see that you have received your money back. If others are still awaiting money / goods from this user please get in touch with me via matt@bikehub.co.za

Regards,

Matt

Bad news everyone. I've bought a Merida hardtail frame from "The Bike Guy" from Ceres today plus a brakeset and a shifter. Once the payment was made as "the courier was waiting to take the parcel away" I got a message from him saying that he can't access the money in his bank account. His name he gave me is Dwayne Lackay and now I'm quite sure that he is the same person as Trilad. He has sent me a message now after I threatened him with laying a charge against him that he will refund my money if I want. The problem is I'm in Durban and I don't know if I can trust him with my bank account number to deposit my money.

Bad news everyone. I've bought a Merida hardtail frame from "The Bike Guy" from Ceres today plus a brakeset and a shifter. Once the payment was made as "the courier was waiting to take the parcel away" I got a message from him saying that he can't access the money in his bank account. His name he gave me is Dwayne Lackay and now I'm quite sure that he is the same person as Trilad. He has sent me a message now after I threatened him with laying a charge against him that he will refund my money if I want. The problem is I'm in Durban and I don't know if I can trust him with my bank account number to deposit my money.

Who is "the bike guy"? isit a profile on the hub? is it a bike shop in ceres?

So he clearly isn't going to stop......

I would report his profile to Admin and open a case against him asap before he cons someone else too.

I apologize if the call i made seems to the rest of the guys as not the right one. I personally believe people deserve a second chance.

So if anyone of the durbs/gauteng ouens want any of the personal information i have on mr trilad to add it to THEIR police case they are more than welcome to contact me.

To the local outjies or anyone wanting to buy a plane ticket to come PK him give me a shout and i will take you to his parents house in macassar.

I have been more than willing to help anyone that i have been in contact with regarding him to assist them in getting their money back. AND yes its obvious he has not stopped his *** but my money got returned to me so the police will not take anything from me. I have spoken to a friend of mine in the police during this whole thing and i do not have a case anymore.

And just for the record, hyt opgeskop.

I am in Somerset West next week, and if you want I could take all your case numbers to the cop shop there and ask them what's what? How many actual cases are actually open against him?

Maybe one of the Hub's Alan Shore's can give some advice as to the most effect route.

Got to page 17 and I'll make a few gratuitous observations:

1. The hub should shut down for the duration of the civic awareness marches against the real thieves today
  2. Lerouc has been unfairly targeted for the action he took to get his money back
  3. Skelms live amongst us but the "attack" on a guy for not going to the police is flogging the wrong guy
  4. Police charges are actually a futile way of getting your money back
  5. Police charges rarely result in any action against the offender unless amounts involved are huge
  6. I should have hopped on the bandwagon of advertising and not delivering

Years ago I ran a big motor dealership.  A guy defrauded us out of a few hundred thousand rand through a fake POP and we delivered his SUV.  As happens when you run a dealership, I had a few local CID guys that were very friendly. Advice was to lay a charge of fraud for the forged POP. We duly did a few days before a long weekend and my CID mates ensured the perp was arrested on Friday. Monday was a holiday so he was going to spend some time before a bail hearing on Tuesday.  We got our money by bank cheque before cob on Friday. Perp was released and we dropped the charges as I only wanted the money.

No 6 is not serious. In case you thought it was.

Got to page 17 and I'll make a few gratuitous observations:

• The hub should shut down for the duration of the civic awareness marches against the real thieves today
  • Lerouc has been unfairly targeted for the action he took to get his money back
  • Skelms live amongst us but the "attack" on a guy for not going to the police is flogging the wrong guy
  • Police charges are actually a futile way of getting your money back
  • Police charges rarely result in any action against the offender unless amounts involved are huge
  • I should have hopped on the bandwagon of advertising and not delivering
Years ago I ran a big motor dealership. A guy defrauded us out of a few hundred thousand rand through a fake POP and we delivered his SUV. As happens when you run a dealership, I had a few local CID guys that were very friendly. Advice was to lay a charge of fraud for the forged POP. We duly did a few days before a long weekend and my CID mates ensured the perp was arrested on Friday. Monday was a holiday so he was going to spend some time before a bail hearing on Tuesday. We got our money by bank cheque before cob on Friday. Perp was released and we dropped the charges as I only wanted the money.

No 6 is not serious. In case you thought it was.

I agree. A fraud case takes many months. It has been 17 months since I opened my case and it has just been postponed for a further five months. Open a small claims case as I advised in a previous post on this thread. It is way quicker and much easier.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Getting your money back fixes YOUR issue, but putting this guy away fixes OUR issue!

You can open a fraud case plus open a civil case simultaneously.

Fraud is a criminal offence and results in either a suspended sentence or jail time. If a suspended sentence is given you may have the option to enter into a deal whereby your money gets paid back. This is up to the magistrate though. You cannot usually attach any assets unless an agreement to pay back the money has been signed and the person fails to pay.

In a civil case you can claim the money plus interest and you can attach assets if the person fails to pay.

In a regular civil case you will need a legal representative and you will pay legal fees. In a small claims court civil case no legal representatives are involved so you don't have legal fees to pay. There is a small amount payable for delivery of notices etc.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lerouc helped get my money back and we need to remember that when he didn't go through with the charges Trilad's current criminal activities were not happening. So Lerouc as did I, gave the guy a chance, handed him over to his parents and thought It was a one time offense. The fact that he has now done it again under another name is ridiculous, but we can't blame Lerouc for that. Hind sight is 20/20. No one wants to ruin someone's life over a few rand but it seems like trilad has made his own choices now. I say give Lerouc a break, he is actively doing something, not just sitting behind a keyboard. Hope all the parties involved get it all sorted.

I have e-mailed Matt at The Hub to report the matter as advised by him further back in the thread. The Bike Guy is a user name on the Hub that Dwayne is using now. I can't see the advert for the Merida frame anymore though. Dwayne is still giving me long stories and still hasn't provided me with the courier waybill tracking number to date. I have given him until Monday morning to have my goods with me in Durban or a full refund or I will have go to my police station to open up a criminal case.

Who is "the bike guy"? isit a profile on the hub? is it a bike shop in ceres?

That is Dwayne's new user name on a profile on the Hub.

Archived