Noob question about Western Cape road race calendar

Mamil

Someone was asking about clubs to join, I got this from the constitution: 

attachicon.gifWP club list.JPG

Also decided that as we bleet on about growing the sport and supporting WP cycling we going to register as a club and have a regular club team in cat 3.

This is a very old list and not sure where you found that as its needs updating.

I think that list is missing at least 10 clubs if not more.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome to get the legs up to speed again. Thanks WPC!

Happy that cat c didn't drop me [emoji106]

Will confirm, but I think we in cat c did an average of 40 [emoji109]

Good racing today, Cat 2 was lekker! Just a pity the bell lap came soooo soon. To the guy whos tubbie burst, HOPE YOURE OK BOET

Weather was awesome and the organising was on fleek!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Some traffic issues but nothing to affect the racing. Kudos to Cycle Tekniks :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

See you all on the 30th!

Some close calls in the cat 2 bunch on the last lap - I am happy I stayed up.

See pic attached taken from my gopro....guys on the left going down hard.

You gonna post some vid of the race?

That was me that went down at 50km/h after my handlebar was knocked by a rider. I actually manged to save it after I unclipped but then I was taken down from behind and went down pretty hard. 

I was the guy on the De Rosa but luckily my bike is fine and I have some road rash and shoulder in some pain but nothing broken.

Please upload the vid of the crash I would like to see exactly how I went down :thumbdown:

A big shout out to Cycle Teknix and WPCA for putting on an excellent Criterium race in Big bay yesterday.

I know of all the admin issues to make this event possible and Hanber and his team at Cycle Teknix and WPCA did an excellent job. This is just a great sign of things to expect during the WPCA league series.

This coming Sunday is Killarney of the Outriders fest and promises to be even bigger and better.

That was me that went down at 50km/h after my handlebar was knocked by a rider. I actually manged to save it after I unclipped but then I was taken down from behind and went down pretty hard. 

I was the guy on the De Rosa but luckily my bike is fine and I have some road rash and shoulder in some pain but nothing broken.

Please upload the vid of the crash I would like to see exactly how I went down :thumbdown:

Hi Bankie, I was behind you, to the left and I believe your bike swerved hard to the left after your handlebar knock and I could not get my front wheel out of the way in time. Went down hard but just a lot of road rash, and shoulder and bum abit sore.

Any updates/info regarding the 30th? Read somewhere that Cyclopaths are going to be hosting a road race somewhere

Eish

Both you and Sagan

Get better soon, bankie'

Is your bike okay?

Shame man,

Hope you heal up soon! I will crop the vid on my gopro and post to this forum asap !!!

Was a solid race to the end! Thank you WPCA

Eish

Both you and Sagan

Get better soon, bankie'

Is your bike okay?

Yeah seeing Sagan crash yesterday made me feel a little better. Lol

Surprisingly the bike seems like no damage apart from a few scratches on my super record carbon levers and 1 or 2 scratches on the frame. I am taking it away to James Perry to have a look at it just to make 100% sure.

Yeah seeing Sagan crash yesterday made me feel a little better. Lol

Surprisingly the bike seems like no damage apart from a few scratches on my super record carbon levers and 1 or 2 scratches on the frame. I am taking it away to James Perry to have a look at it just to make 100% sure.

Cool

Take it easy, PRO ????????

HOW awesome would it be to have a provincial crit series ??

1 race every two weeks - spectator friendly, safe, fast, great for cycling awareness.

Almost like the redhook fixed gear series which takes place internationally.

Archived