Noob question about Western Cape road race calendar

Mamil

More seriaasly, can one only enter individual stage at end April?

Please confirm once the planning gets clearer.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if you are not Cat 1 and you have a TT bike you are not allowed to use it? That also doesn't seem particularly encouraging to me for people who want to do TT's?

Don't think the competition in Cat 2 and above is so serious that it really matters if you do your TT on a normal bike?

You are missing the point. But perhaps I shouldn't hijack the thread.

I am all for racing! Maybe I see you there sometime?

Point taken about the rules. And I understand for Cat 1. And actually agree about having more TTs.

I was just thinking that for other Cats it might even the playing field a bit. Nobody likes to lose, not because they don't try hard enough, bu because they can't afford an expensive TT bike and accessories over an already expensive road bike.

Just let teams do TTT  :lol:

The road race on the Sunday is a definite and that is planned in Durbanville on the Paarl De Ville course of 57km's per lap and looking to do 2 laps for the 3 CATS.

Check out the route profile - https://www.strava.com/routes/7900699

We could always do Fisantekraal loops 1 of the other days and a TT in the same area.

I did that WP race in 2013 and left my soul there, did three laps that day. Spent most of the day in the wind with a group of like 5 people.

Just let teams do TTT  :lol:

:devil:  coming from a team, of course! Screw the wolf packs of one  :cursing:

Which cat would you guys be riding in?

:devil:  coming from a team, of course! Screw the wolf packs of one  :cursing:

Which cat would you guys be riding in?

The one that does not make us buy a full license? Our sponsor is only coming on board from August with our new kit :P

Most enjoyed Cat 2 with the Vets has been the most "enjoyable", able to animate the race a little. We can sit and hang on in Cat 1, but it will be finishing in the bunch most likely. 

The one that does not make us buy a full license? Our sponsor is only coming on board from August with our new kit [emoji14]

Most enjoyed Cat 2 with the Vets has been the most "enjoyable", able to animate the race a little. We can sit and hang on in Cat 1, but it will be finishing in the bunch most likely.

Cool beans [emoji106] I will probably start in Cat 3 and then work my way to Cat 2 to come play with the Savage boys.

You are missing the point. But perhaps I shouldn't hijack the thread.

I am all for racing! Maybe I see you there sometime?

Maybe I'm missing the point or maybe it's just not such a great idea  :whistling:

I'm more on the mtb the next few months but I'm keeping an eye on the calender, hoping to do 1 or 2 of the league races 

The competition is just as serious in CAT3 as it is in CAT1 dont ever doubt that :eek:  maybe just a little slower but just as serious. Even the junior CATS are very competitive.

Maybe I'm a bit subjective, any cat that doesn't drop me in the first 5km I view as less serious  :P

Always thought the pace in CAT 2 is quite civil (at least until we catch the dropped CAT 1 riders)

The one that does not make us buy a full license? Our sponsor is only coming on board from August with our new kit [emoji14]

But I haven't even gotten the new-old kit yet[emoji6]

The savages are taking that step up hey.[emoji122] [emoji122] well done guys getting sponsors and all that.

I don't care which option - I just wanna ride my bike!!

WP initially penciled that long weekend for a 3 day stage race but at the last meeting it was agreed to cancel that idea as it was to short notice.

We are definitely putting on a 1 day race on Sunday 30 April but there is a chance of us doing a double header that weekend. I am having a meeting with the WPCA board tomorrow evening to discuss this and I will let you guys know what was decided.

Only issue is that we need support at these events.

What would everyone prefer though?

1) 2 x 100kms road race on that weekend(Fri 27 & Sun 30 April)

2) 100km road race(Sunday 30 April) + a Individual time trial(Monday 1 May)

3) 3 day road stage race (100kms per day)

Maybe I should start a new thread with a poll for this to gauge interest.

Cool beans [emoji106] I will probably start in Cat 3 and then work my way to Cat 2 to come play with the Savage boys.

That's definitely going to happen - I've seen you ride past me very fast indeed!

Just remember that a CSA membership is different to a CSA racing license.

CSA membership is something like R155 per year and racing license is another R350 on top of that. Racing license is only required if you planning on racing in CAT1/Elites.

Where does one apply for CSA membership, what is involved?

Where does one apply for CSA membership, what is involved?

You would also need to purchase a Mobii timing chip (R100-00) and WP League racing number (R50-00 I think ?) if you want to participate in the WP League season. They can be purchased at http://www.wpcycling.com/ 

Can we make this the official WP Cycling/ League racing thread? Lots of useful info on here. Or maybe start a new thread with all the info and links in the first post?

Archived