Good day. 

Just wondered if anyone has had any experience of the Cape Epic waiting list and what the chances are of actually getting an entry when you are on the waiting list?

Seeing as it's Friday, what about the fact that Val de Vie is now the official finish, at least for the next 5 years? I watched the finish on tv last year, and I must admit that I found it immensely boring?

Seeing as it's Friday, what about the fact that Val de Vie is now the official finish, at least for the next 5 years? I watched the finish on tv last year, and I must admit that I found it immensely boring?

At the rate they're selling houses to all the vaalies, I'm sure they were able to sponsor the most $$$ to host the finish. Probably nothing to do viewer excitement, and all just money and marketing.

At the rate they're selling houses to all the vaalies, I'm sure they were able to sponsor the most $$$ to host the finish. Probably nothing to do viewer excitement, and all just money and marketing.

Ja, and in the process "kill" an 'epic' event, and turn it into a dreary affair. No wonder the only skills you need to 'conquer' the toughest race is a fat wallet and some skills to stay seated on your mtb for extended periods. I am not convinced about the 'epicness' of the epic any longer.

Ja, and in the process "kill" an 'epic' event, and turn it into a dreary affair. No wonder the only skills you need to 'conquer' the toughest race is a fat wallet and some skills to stay seated on your mtb for extended periods. I am not convinced about the 'epicness' of the epic any longer.

Suppose I don't know because I have not been priviledged enough to be able to go but it does not look very technical that's for sure... Lots of climbing yes but other that that a dirt road dash?

Contender for Friday?

• 2 months later...

And the prologue is back on Table Mountain for 2018.

That nice manicured 'technical terrain' down Plumb Pudding claimed a few clavicles last time! Definitely the spot to be as a spectator Medic. 

Anybody need an able partner for next year? Looking at the route I'd be keen again. Drop me a line. Thx

I am wondering of there will be an uptake with the Java MTB race in robertson now that the route is going through there

Anybody need an able partner for next year? Looking at the route I'd be keen again. Drop me a line. Thx

What was it that got you keen on the route. Location, or the distance/climbing?

• 4 months later...

Found out im riding 3 days ago, overweight from December and not as fit. Going to be painfull, hows the prep going ladies and gents? 

Archived