The Apple Watch thread

Cois

Lesson... don't get Space Grey Apple anything...

Not had a problem with my Space Grey series 1 - had it since it was globally released and bought in the UK.

Also only space grey iPhones and even my Macbook Pro.   No issues.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not had a problem with my Space Grey series 1 - had it since it was globally released and bought in the UK.

Also only space grey iPhones and even my Macbook Pro.   No issues.

You’re very fortunate

I, have not been so lucky

Bought the Series 3 few weeks back. Now just have to wait for Rape I mean Core to get stock of the one I purchased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Want to know from the guys that got it through vitality. To meet the requirements you need card in good standing etc etc. Then also you need R5000 available after the 600 deposit, is that 5k then "frozen" on the card?

I recently bought a Series 3 cellular - love it

In SA? Can’t seem to find it on myistore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Want to know from the guys that got it through vitality. To meet the requirements you need card in good standing etc etc. Then also you need R5000 available after the 600 deposit, is that 5k then "frozen" on the card?

Answered on the Vitality thread...  :D

In SA? Can’t seem to find it on myistore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In Northern Ireland - plenty available here

In Northern Ireland - plenty available here

Seems that the Sim-less tech makes it difficult for the criminals to redistribute.

Have my doubts that we will get the LTE version soon in SA.  The LTE will be a nice to have addition though.   

• 1 month later...

Hi

Anybody that can share experiences with watch 3? I’m interested to know how much of an improvement it is to have gps on the watch now and any problems while swimming.

Thanks

Hi

Anybody that can share experiences with watch 3? I’m interested to know how much of an improvement it is to have gps on the watch now and any problems while swimming.

Thanks

Would also like to know, I have the series one space gray that have been functioning 100% so far but looking to get the series 3 if it works well while swimming(including lap counts) According to reviews it should be fine but would like to hear from people first hand as well.

I have had the Series 3 for a while now, with little trouble. The LTE connection is lekker, especially since I bought AirPods, because then the watch works pretty seamlessly without the phone being nearby. I can make calls, send texts, listen to streaming music or radio shows, no issue.

Swimming, showering, cycling, running - no problems at all. Speed of loading and opening of apps is so much better than the original.

The only issue I have had is with the workout app, specifically when hiking, as it didn’t track altitude on the climb. I have followed the instructions to rectify this that I found online, but otherwise absolutely love my watch. cc109d925861c8c5ffeee5af531b76a9.jpg

Owner of generation 1 and not too happy with performance (but expected with gen 1) but not reason for post.

I dropped the watch by accident a few months ago (normal fall off the kitchen table onto tile floor). Screen smashed badly (as if car road over it). Called apple doctor etc and got quoated ridiculous prices for those who were willing to fix (not many it CT). Apple Store quoted me on a replacement instead

Hope the new generation can take a fall (it's a sport watch for goodness sake). If not, do yourself a favour and get screen protection (and insure it).

Funny thing is, as crap as it looks it still works.......so I only use it when I excercise (not in rain obviously)

I have had the Series 3 for a while now, with little trouble. The LTE connection is lekker, especially since I bought AirPods, because then the watch works pretty seamlessly without the phone being nearby. I can make calls, send texts, listen to streaming music or radio shows, no issue.

Swimming, showering, cycling, running - no problems at all. Speed of loading and opening of apps is so much better than the original.

The only issue I have had is with the workout app, specifically when hiking, as it didn’t track altitude on the climb. I have followed the instructions to rectify this that I found online, but otherwise absolutely love my watch. cc109d925861c8c5ffeee5af531b76a9.jpg

Thanks, so guess wife is getting one then!

Archived