Need a dropper post - please advise

BigDL

Hi,

Have decided to spend some money on a dropper finally for my Anthem 29er. I have had various cheap and nasty ones up until now but they have never done the job as they either had too much sag or felt like they were rocket propelled on the return. Anyway, I have a budget of around 200 pounds and would appreciate advice on which is the best in that range.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not a reverb, unless you want something with a patchy reliability record and an unergonomic (unless you get that new lever just announced i guess) expensive lever hanging off your bars which is just asking to get damaged when you fall or turn your bike upside down.

anyone want to buy my reverb stealth? 150mm drop, 6 months old, 31.6 dia, works perfectly

Had a Reverb previously - reliability is definitely an issue. I now have a Fox Transfer and am very happy.

I am considering getting the new kid on the block, the Bikeyoke Revive. Anyone have any experience with it?

My external route reverb is now 8 months old and hasn't missed a beat. Touch wood.

If it broke i'd get a lyne based on the hub recommendations and price.

I have a reverb, no problems for 2 1/2 years...but have only had good reports about the Lynne, and its much cheaper.

1. 9point8

2. KS Lev

3. Fox Transfer

* apparantly the Lyne & Spez droppers are also very reliable.

You will never look back with any of these

1. 9point8

2. KS Lev

3. Fox Transfer

* apparantly the Lyne & Spez droppers are also very reliable.

You will never look back with any of these

The 9Point8 is pricey at R7500 and the Lev is in the same price point so It's Reverb territory. Fox is awesome as well as the new one from Bikeyoke.Lyne droppers look good and price is good and stock is flying out quickly.

When my giant pack up, been super happy with it and far better than the crappy reverb i jad, going to get a Lyne one.

Just can't beat that price for a cable actuated one which for me is so much better than one you have to bleed and has seals that go.

+100 for Lyne. Can't say enough good things about the post and the service. I've had a KS and a Giant as well. Look it's not a Reverb but the Reverb is topping out at £375. I'm running 150mm internal on my HT and it's great. As soon as my Giant dies (again) I'll be giving Lyne more of my coin for sure!

Where Lyne wins is obviously price but it's a hydraulic internal and mechanical outside with decent options for external (at the collar as opposed to the seat clamp saving you the squidy cable issue and rub on the tyre) and good internal. They also have a 1x trigger that is great.

Their customer service is top notch and they back their products with a 2 year warranty (Giant have recently dropped theirs to 1 year from 2 probably because of all the claims they've had!). Local guys shaking up the market is nice too.

Also worth looking at is the new range that Rapide have launched as well. Looks to be the same supplier as Lyne and if Kiwi is selling ti chances are they will be great quality at a good price.

I have a reverb, no problems for 2 1/2 years...but have only had good reports about the Lynne, and its much cheaper.

ditto..on the reverb.

Archived