Derailleur compatability - Sunrace 11-46t

Lance Roberts

Would love the 50 tooth. But also looking at the one up 9 tooth at the bottom end

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love the 50 tooth. But also looking at the one up 9 tooth at the bottom end

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I think its less of an issue if you have a 50 because you can run a bigger ring up front for the top end speed.

I am using this 11 x 46 cassette with a medium RD .Works really well .I was considering eagle ,but this setup gives me all the gears i  need and replacing the cassette is small change comparing to eagle 

Is that made by Sunrace? What are the gaps between gears like? Where did you get it?

its sunrace and its pretty cheap, 100 dollars

attachicon.gifDSC_0720.JPGjust put this on the weekend. 11-50 works perfectly!!

What derailleur are you using for the 50t?

Who was the supplier that sold it to you? Been searching everywhere and cant find anyone with stock, local or abroad...

The same places as with a 40 at the back. But with 38t in the front.

I guess it depends on what you weigh, as not everyone would need a 50T at the rear for the 38T at the front.

That being said, the greatest benefit of having the 38T front is on the other end of the cassette as a 38 - 11 combo provides a lot more top end speed.

Bought my sunrace from Rapide online with a 34  front chainring .It is easy to change the front ring to 32 if you are going to do an event with major climbing like Magalies monster ,Tankwa ext .With eagle there is a large gap from 42 to 50 that i don,t think i will ever use as 50 is so slow with so much torque that my front wheel raises and i cannot steer anyway  .Tha gear gaps on the cassette from 11 to 36 are very much the same as with a 2 x 10 cassette ,so it feels normal 

Edited by Blitzer

Just found out that EvoBikes will be getting 11-50t Sunrace Cassettes in at the end of the month, will cost R1800. Might be worth a look because they also have a large variety of narrow wide chain rings to chose from.

Their 11-46t is out of stock at the moment, not sure if they'll be getting them in too.

I am running1x11 with a sunrace 11-46 and 32 oval in front with a SLX M7000/11 and have added a goatlink just to improve shifting and it is working just fine - best ratio I ever had altough not using the 46 much but available when needes. Back peddling when in the 46 causes the chain to drop but I can live with it never had a problem because it is very unlikely toback pedal when going less than 7km/h uphill. Going for 1000km on mine since Late Dec an all still ????%

Edited by Slakki 73

I am using this 11 x 46 cassette with a medium RD .Works really well .I was considering eagle ,but this setup gives me all the gears i  need and replacing the cassette is small change comparing to eagle 

What size chainring are you running, and how many links are you running on your chain?

I'm currently running a 32t front, 11-42T rear, and 116 links on my chain. I'm assuming that I'll have to add a few links to that, if I'm going to 46t. Was also thinking about going 34t up front.

Edited by Lance Roberts

What size chainring are you running, and how many links are you running on your chain?

I'm currently running a 32t front, 11-42T rear, and 116 links on my chain. I'm assuming that I'll have to add a few links to that, if I'm going to 46t. Was also thinking about going 34t up front.

you'll have to add 3 full links