Tour de Boland problems

Groot Lem

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... Is it true that chicks dig scars?

No - that's what the motorcrossers hears from falling on their heads so many times. It's cars - expensive Italian or Germans ones. Wink

Excuse me for being ignorant, but what does Cyclg SA have to say about all this?

Surely they (CSA) sanction events and issue permits etc to run them and if there are clashing dates then Cycling SA hasn't done its job properly.

How much control does Cycling SA have?

KlapperKnop - it's got nothing to do with the organisers - it's the politics behind it all. Believe me we have some very capable organisers in the Western Cape and Boland (I obviously have to exclude myself from this remark as I can't judge if I am any good - would be slightly biased smiley36.gif ), but the problems have nothing to do with the actual events themselves, it's all politics which I now try to keep out of.

Guest colonel

Im an Italian Stallion built for speed, made for endurance.does that count??

Guest colonel

No - that's what the motorcrossers hears from falling on their heads so many times. It's cars - expensive Italian or Germans ones. Wink

As soon as I win the lotto, I'll swap my Renault for an expensive Italian car... No, wait, my chicken loves my Renault...

Excuse me for being ignorant, but what does Cyclg SA have to say about all this?

Surely they (CSA) sanction events and issue permits etc to run them and if there are clashing dates then Cycling SA hasn't done its job properly.

Is it not CSA's job to make sure everything about a race (sponsors/route/organisers etc) is in place before a permit is issued or the event is put onto the CSA calendar?

How much control does Cycling SA have, or what does CSA do?

Excuse me for being ignorant' date=' but what does Cyclg SA have to say about all this?

?

?

How much control does Cycling SA have?
[/quote']

A good question. I know for a fact that the PPA Vets Tour is on the National Calendar and is therefore sanctioned by them.

Guest colonel

Is it not CSA's job to make sure everything about a race (sponsors/route/organisers etc) is in place before a permit is issued or the event is put onto the CSA calendar?

How much control does Cycling SA have, or what does CSA do?

Ok, I was going to type one really long letter, giving my side of the story.

But in short, if you're interested mail me or call me. 082-4138935.

Believe me when I say, I'm stuck in the middle of this one...Confused

All I'd like to add to this thread, its really unfortunate that the Tour de Boland is once again becoming a very controvercial event.

As a cyclist from Worcester and Boland, I'd like to see the TdBoland become a success and hopefully we can get all parties involved around a table soon so we can sort out what went wrong this year and hopefully host a big combined PPA / Boland effort in the future.

All I'd like to add to this thread' date=' its really unfortunate that the Tour de Boland is once again becoming a very controvercial event.

?

As a cyclist from?Worcester and Boland, I'd like to see the TdBoland become a success and hopefully we can get all parties involved around a table soon so we can sort out what went wrong this year and hopefully host a big combined PPA / Boland effort in the future.
[/quote']

smiley32.gif smiley32.gif smiley32.gif

Well said WW.

Im an Italian Stallion built for speed' date=' made for endurance.does that count??[/quote']

Hang in there for one more season "Stallion", from your profile I see you're 1977, so as from Jan 2007, you can start racing Sub Vets.

So hopefully you can join us next year in what ever big tour we manage to organise.

In the mean time, use the last three months of 2006 to get into shape, Sub Vets racing can be a lot harder than many people tend to think....

While on the subject of 2007, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ALL!!!

Remember to get your 2007 CSA license in advance, apparently there will be NO grace period, so if you want to do a licenced event early in Jan 2007, you need to have a valid 2007 license!

The last thing we need is a cyclist not being able to do a league event due to the lack of a valid CSA license.....
WorcesterWheelers2006-10-11 07:03:09