Hip bags, fanny packs... is this a thing now?

T-Bob

http://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2017/06/PastedGraphic-3-copy-626x500.jpg

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2017/06/DSC07062-640x427.jpg

http://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2017/06/DSC07017-640x427.jpg

The only moderately okay hip bag that I've seen is the Mavic Crossride Belt. I've seen a rider wear it and it looks pretty okay. 

380399.jpg

The only moderately okay hip bag that I've seen is the Mavic Crossride Belt. I've seen a rider wear it and it looks pretty okay. 

Same kind of vibe as the Innov8 one. I was ready to take the p*ss on them and then picked this one up for a bit for field testing (figured at R250 if it didn't work out I wouldn't be crying) and I've stuck with it and swallowed my words big time. 

race-elite-3-black-silver-3bb.jpg

Same kind of vibe as the Innov8 one. I was ready to take the p*ss on them and then picked this one up for a bit for field testing (figured at R250 if it didn't work out I wouldn't be crying) and I've stuck with it and swallowed my words big time.

race-elite-3-black-silver-3bb.jpg

Ditto. Same bag as well. I'm pleasantly surprised by it.

I even managed to fit my elbow pads in there for the Trek to the top of Jonkers on Saturday.

I reckon I'll only use my backpack if I can't rely on refilling waterbottles and need more than 1.5l.

If you care what your mates think, then maybe this is not the solution for you.

But if you care what other people think of you, then a fanny pack is the least of your issues.

. I've seen a rider wear it and it looks pretty okay.

]

These are all about function over form.

If I wasn't so snoep I would have found a way to macguyver one of those specialized kosblikkies to my bike. But the barriers to entry are a bit to high for my wallet's liking.

Well it seems that fannypacks are already out of fashion again:

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/enduro-world-series-round-4--pit-walk-with-tracey-mosely.html

If I wasn't so snoep I would have found a way to macguyver one of those specialized kosblikkies to my bike. But the barriers to entry are a bit to high for my wallet's liking.

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/enduro-world-series-round-4--pit-walk-with-tracey-mosely.html

There's a comment on here that where the guy says he wears a bra for his stuff, just saying :whistling:

There's a comment on here that where the guy says he wears a bra for his stuff, just saying :whistling:

OMG, imagine how much stuff I can lug around with a fanny pack AND a sports bra!

OMG, imagine how much stuff I can lug around with a fanny pack AND a sports bra!

Maybe Spez will jump on and create some SWAT leg warmers with storage, emergency blanket / gillet that are also compression sox and storage at the same time. 

Jeez there are some hideous ideas in there.... Surely you'd use get a saddle bag or use something that was designed to carry stuff. There are enough options out there. 

post-15825-0-96378500-1499934335_thumb.png

Maybe Spez will jump on and create some SWAT leg warmers with storage, emergency blanket / gillet that are also compression sox and storage at the same time.

Put an IM70.3 logo on it, name it Evade or Aerolatte and triathletes will be throwing money at you.

Ditto. Same bag as well. I'm pleasantly surprised by it.

I even managed to fit my elbow pads in there for the Trek to the top of Jonkers on Saturday.

I reckon I'll only use my backpack if I can't rely on refilling waterbottles and need more than 1.5l.

If you care what your mates think, then maybe this is not the solution for you.

But if you care what other people think of you, then a fanny pack is the least of your issues.

I did ask you if you keep your makeup in that fanny pack on Saturday.  I'm still not sure what was in there other than your elbow pads. You should have handed all of us a tampon at the bottom of the mountain after you smoked us on the downhill.  That would have shut us up very quickly!

If a fanny pack can go down a mountain quicker than I can then maybe it is not the worst thing ever...

I did ask you if you keep your makeup in that fanny pack on Saturday. I'm still not sure what was in there other than your elbow pads. You should have handed all of us a tampon at the bottom of the mountain after you smoked us on the downhill. That would have shut us up very quickly!

If a fanny pack can go down a mountain quicker than I can then maybe it is not the worst thing ever...

Ja but if you and I didn't box in Piesang and Bullet the whole time they would have smoked me on the climbs.

No amount of fanny pack magic will give me the Go on the climbs to match the Show going down.

Major moon bag sold for millions

Neil Armstrong's moon bag sold at auction late on Thursday for $1.8-million. Used to collect moon rock samples and at one point almost thrown away, the Apollo 11 bag was sold to an anonymous telephone buyer by Sotheby's. Although it may seem a lot for a bag, Sotheby's had initially estimated it would sell for over twice as much.

• 2 weeks later...