Advice for first road race

Cyclingzak

So im doing my first road race Tommorow, its 40min with lap distance of 1.4km.

If you get lapped you have to drop out of the race, ive entered the amateur division.(renting a road bike) ive been riding alot of mtb on the road and i can push 30km average for 50min (work and back atleast 3-4 times a week)

Do i go balls to the wall and just push it all the way and break my legs?

or should i work with a plan? Im only doing it for some experience and fir some fitness.

For 40mins I would go flat out! 1.4 k circuit is quite short so I am assuming there will be corners in pretty quick succession unless it's in an actual circuit?

If there are corners just be careful as if there are a lot of riders it could get tricky ....

Go have fun!

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

yah few corners and a technical u turn, i was thinking of going flat out first ten anf then a steady pass for next 20 and last ten blasting it all.

Go as hard as the bunch dictates.

Avoid getting dropped in crit style race. (some pull riders from the course)

Attack late and win.

Easy.! :)

Go flat out and stick with the group.

Remember to warm up well before the start.

Just DON"T lead the bunch ANY bunch - jy sal jou gat sien.

My advice - just ENJOY and LEARN.

Take the time to warm up properly before on rollers. Start easy,  relax your mind and get your head in the right space. Build up to a few high cadence spinouts. I like the 20m warm up and the spinout session on the british trackcycling website. You need your legs to be firing at 100 percent from the start with your mind relaxed and focused to make quick decsions so you can race smart. Good luck. 

it went down, 35km warm up ride to the venue and had bit of time to go araond course. Started out flatbox first 10min and then just a firm pace for 20min and last 10 flat out.

There was one dude who sticked with me for maybe 30min then dropped out. .

The rest of the group thought i will burn myself out but ended up lapping 70% of the group.

It was lekka lekka and got a solid first place with a 33.7km average

it went down, 35km warm up ride to the venue and had bit of time to go araond course. Started out flatbox first 10min and then just a firm pace for 20min and last 10 flat out.

There was one dude who sticked with me for maybe 30min then dropped out. .

The rest of the group thought i will burn myself out but ended up lapping 70% of the group.

It was lekka lekka and got a solid first place with a 33.7km average

Well done! very nice to be able to say you won your first race that you took part in.