Quick Question Before Purchasing

Andrew_Smith

Howzit guys,

I have been waiting patiently for a workstation pump to come on special for a few months now and saw this at CWC: http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/pro-performance-floor-pump

I know this is a limited time offer so I need to hurry (I actually missed it last time)... 

But there is one thing that prevents me from buying this, is the T-head value the pump uses. You need to screw it onto the value. I am scared this work damage my value(s). Also, how accurate is the gauge of the pump? If anybody can give me feedback on the pump, I'll greatly appreciate it.

I just want to make sure before buying. I don't want to regret my purchase afterward.

Thanks.

André

depends on the value of you values. if they are they valuable values and you value them the don't do it...

This is some valuable information...

They are El Cheapo tubeless values (R60 each). And I will definitely only adjust my tyre pressure once a week. So I am guessing my values will be okay.

Andrew die manne krap jou gat ....  :whistling:

VALVE, nie "value" (waarde) nie.

Jy kan sekerlik n ander "valve connector" opsit - ek het al.

Gauges is maar anders .... maar jy raak gou gewoond dat "3,5" op JOU pomp die waarde is wat werk vir jou.

Andrew die manne krap jou gat ....  :whistling:

VALVE, nie "value" (waarde) nie.

Jy kan sekerlik n ander "valve connector" opsit - ek het al.

Gauges is maar anders .... maar jy raak gou gewoond dat "3,5" op JOU pomp die waarde is wat werk vir jou.

Haha.

Ag, ek glo die valve connector op die pomp sal rerig nie 'n issue wees nie. Ek moet maar net versigtig daarmee werk. En, as ek my self nie mis gis nie, gebruik CWC se mechanics ook hierdie pomp in hulle workshop. 

Ja, ek hoor wat jy sê. Ek redeneer ek gaan nie 'n ander pomp vir daai prys kry nie. Ek weet jy moet nie na die 'looks' kyk nie, maar daai pomp lyk ook regtig mooi.

Edited by Andrew_Smith

In my experience the screw on type pump heads are very annoying! Takes longer to get the pump on and off the valve. You loose air every time you remove the pump and often the inner core screws out. I found it very frustrating. I had one on a Lezyne pump.

In my experience the screw on type pump heads are very annoying! Takes longer to get the pump on and off the valve. You loose air every time you remove the pump and often the inner core screws out. I found it very frustrating. I had one on a Lezyne pump.

Thank you, Donovan. I made up my mind.  :thumbup:

I bought this exact same pump last time it was on special about a week or so ago. I don't know what you guys are talking about the screw on pump type. I pumped up my tyres without screwing anything on, just used it the same way as a normal pump and it worked absolutley perfect.

A brilliant pump made even better by the price.

I bought this exact same pump last time it was on special about a week or so ago. I don't know what you guys are talking about the screw on pump type. I pumped up my tyres without screwing anything on, just used it the same way as a normal pump and it worked absolutley perfect.

A brilliant pump made even better by the price.

Is there a "lever" that you flick over to attach the pump to the valve ?

Andrew this T-head allows you to work on both types of valves without any changes to your equipment.

VERY handy for me, as my bike has the one type of valve, while the smaller bike has the other type of valve.

PS - I also use the T-head.  (not sure of the pump brand)

EDIT - checked in store ... this T-head uses the screw fittings ....  But you CAN buy a different T-head.

Edited by ChrisF