WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

Point 8 of last years CSA AGM minutes seemingly starts to highlight some of the financial problems - https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53f5fb7ce4b0cab4a7fe8561/t/58416dc620099e0b6012f12c/1480682953426/20161119_Minutes+AGM+November+2016+Final.pdf

Yes like how don't you have your financials ready for an AGM..even a draft. .

Would be interesting to see if it was the same at the previous AGM.

Edit

I see it also wasn't ready with the previous AGM..

How are they supposed to address financial issues at an AGM when they can't see the financials..yoh

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the SA Government that tries to take credit for the good the normal citizens do.

I also love how CSA tweet about our international athletes successes, you know the ones that had to fund their own trips.....

Oh yes they love that..

They should actually hang their heads in shame every time..because if one rider could achieve so much on his own..just think of how many other riders could have had the opportunity to achieve with some help from them.[emoji35]

Edited by Gen

We don't need them..unfortunately the pros and any one wanting to represent SA or with dreams of becoming a pro needs them for a UCI licence[emoji17]

Gen is 100% correct . Unfortunately if you want to race in Europe you need 1) a letter of authorization from CSA stating that you are " in good standing with the organization " and 2 ) an international racing license which can only be issued through CSA for the UCI . And believe me the European organizers do check - if it's a UCI race , they will check for both the letter and your license at registration .

Edited by Milkman

We as members should take our membership money and form a class action suit and ensure that who ever is responsible ends up serving time in one of our tax paid jails.  Sick to death of no consequences for illegal actions and the guilty getting away with the crimes and also the money....   

Yes like how don't you have your financials ready for an AGM..even a draft. .

Would be interesting to see if it was the same at the previous AGM.

Edit

I see it also wasn't ready with the previous AGM..

How are they supposed to address financial issues at an AGM when they can't see the financials..yoh

If I recall correctly CSA is still looking for an appointed treasurer some 2 years or so later. Mike Bradley is currently caretaking this role in an acting capacity. Surely there are more than enough capable candidates willing and able to fill this most important position ?? Someone to manage and oversee the financial dashboard of the organisation .... ??

If I recall correctly CSA is still looking for an appointed treasurer some 2 years or so later. Mike Bradley is currently caretaking this role in an acting capacity. Surely there are more than enough capable candidates willing and able to fill this most important position ?? Someone to manage and oversee the financial dashboard of the organisation .... ??

It seems no one want to take over that Financial mess..

Which once again shows that they have stood by and watched it go down the tube and have done little to fix it..now after years of wasteful expenditure has caught up with them and they are basically bankrupt.

He is GM..the buck stops with him.

No excuses..it is/was his responsibility to have this issue sorted long ago.

He is GM..the buck stops with him.

No excuses..it is/was his responsibility to have this issue sorted long ago.

not according to him it isn't :whistling: (do you think he pulls the treasurers salary as well as his own ?......mmm)

#excusemaster

Edited by bikebloke

This whole excuse that he is going with that they don't have a treasurer that could monitor expensses is like a person blaming the fact that you don't have an accountant that could monitor your expenses and that's why you are in the red financially.

This whole excuse that he is going with that they don't have a treasurer that could monitor expensses is like a person blaming the fact that you don't have an accountant that could monitor your expenses and that's why you are in the red financially.

#makecsagreatagain

The sad thing is..it will take them a decade to fix this mess and we lose another generation of hopeful riders..not that they were assisting proper development in any case. But now there is no chance at all.

SA hockey is looking better compared to CSA..at least they are actually busy with development.

Edited by Gen

Interesting, they don't want to show the financials for AGM because everybody will points fingers to each other. They must be putting lots of money in their pocket and they could not recover them...

I feel they should step down and start from scratch, but if they stole money, they need to pay back or go to jail....

Of riders still racing Louis Meintjes, Jacques Janse van Rensburg, Ash Moolman Pasio, Jay Thomson, Jaco Venter, Jayde Julius, Shaun Nick Bester are some of the riders that needed financial support when I ran the road commission from about 2009 to 2012. They were paid an allowance to be based and race in Europe for the season. My dream was to see South Africans in the Grand Tours.

Remember the board members like I was does not get paid, its people like Mike Bradley that needs to explain as they get huge salaries and supposed to run the show.

Or I can leak more stuff ...

Out of interest sakes..

Which SA rider that is currently riding in the pro peloton was financially supported by CSA in their development and if so how? (I really don't know that's why I am asking)