[Event] WOLSELEY MTB FUNRIDE

Gayle Dicey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are only 3 weeks to go before the event. Have a look at the link if you are looking for accommodation to stay for the weekend.

www.wolseleytourism.co.za

Ramkiekie Country Market & Wolseley MTB 12 August 2017

Come join us Saturday 12 August 2017 for another exciting day at Mountain Ridge wines. The MTB will commence early morning with registration at 7:00 am and the market will be open from 08:00 am onwards.

Ramkiekie offers something for everyone from crafts and gifts to foods... meat, fruit and veg.

For lunch there will be a choice of different food:
Curry & Rice 
Soup 
Potjiekos
Roosterkoeke

Live music by Henry Conradie

New offerings will include a wide variety of arts and crafts, and our cash bar with craft beer will be open for the day!

PPA will not be issuing new membership numbers for this event. Your old numbers will still be valid. So no long queues!

Great! Now that was a crap experience last year! Good to see PPA learning from mistakes.

See you guys next week  :thumbup:

The weather is looking good for cycling on Saturday. Rain forecast on Friday, but nothing for Saturday. Great mountain biking conditions.

Great! Now that was a crap experience last year! Good to see PPA learning from mistakes.

See you guys next week  :thumbup:

I see for the Paarl race they have indicated that they will be giving out Racetec MTB boards (no more old style orange racetec chips.

How technical("hectic") is the 60km? I usually do the medium/intermediary mtb routes, but thought this time I'd do the longer one for once. Just worried this might not be the right race to do so?

EDIT: Fitness wise I should be fine.

The most technical part is leaving Suurvalk and going to the Waterfall. Not too technical, if you can navigate jeep track with loose rocks you should be fine.

The most technical part is leaving Suurvalk and going to the Waterfall. Not too technical, if you can navigate jeep track with loose rocks you should be fine.

Thanks Rouxenator. Sounds manageable, will it give it a go and let you know how it went :)

You're welcome. The first time I rode this in 2011 was when the middle route (42km at time) also went up there. I had a fun time navigating that bit of track on my 26er with v-brakes but sure enough I was back for the long route the next year. 

My weekend changed just now, so i will be there tomorrow. Last time I was there it was raining so much that we had to do loops. I hope this will be the case again, we need the rain!

My weekend changed just now, so i will be there tomorrow. Last time I was there it was raining so much that we had to do loops. I hope this will be the case again, we need the rain!

That was 2013, did not work out too well. In 2014 it was just as wet and they had a cable across the waterfall to help support riders through the water. I doubt that the loop situation will ever happen again.