E-bike Strava chasers

Quagga

Seems he stole a few KOM's from some big names...

Alban doesn't seem to worry too much about it, but he probably has enough to share a few...  

Perhaps, but its more likely that Alban couldn't use comic sans on Strava ;)

"Its my life"

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it works with heart rate, so surely it's not that big of a problem? You still have to work up a sweat to get the target heart rate, so I don't see any problem with it.

Edit. The it in the first sentence refers to getting points on Vitality.

I believe you can get points for speed data only, albeit only 100.

But it works with heart rate, so surely it's not that big of a problem? You still have to work up a sweat to get the target heart rate, so I don't see any problem with it.

Edit. The it in the first sentence refers to getting points on Vitality.

Semantics schmatics, Im pretty sure any health rewards program wouldn't accept a eBike ride as normal ride.

True, but at least they are still out on a bike pedaling (i.e. not on sofa), even if it does assist you somewhat.

Semantics schmatics, Im pretty sure any health rewards program wouldn't accept a eBike ride as normal ride.

Meh

True, but at least they are still out on a bike pedaling (i.e. not on sofa), even if it does assist you somewhat.

Absolutely, and thats why eBikes have a place and are cool.

Ja of course not.

But then again, if you really WANT to cheat, you can strap your FitBit to your 3 year old and feed him coke. Then hand him to your wife come bedtime...

Ja of course not.

But then again, if you really WANT to cheat, you can strap your FitBit to your 3 year old and feed him coke. Then hand him to your wife come bedtime...

Maybe Redbull would suffice, you could go to prison for giving a toddler blow.

Tim Hoek, not sure what your username on the Hub is, but scrolling through the Jaco dudes strava, I had a good chuckle at your comments. 

the best: "thats it, time has come to take this to the Hub"

I had to give you guys something to do on a Friday!

"Strap-on" is probably the most ill advised name for a product, many other names to choose from, Jaco deserves the (metaphorical) pounding he is going to get...

(Finally a proper Friday thread, it's been a while)

Guys, someone has gone and flagged all his rides which he had KOM's on! Who would do that?

What a deeeek strap-on move!

When I think of e-bikes, I think of the movie WALL-E...But only this part in the picture:

Yeah sure, people are getting out blah blah blah...

I think the numbers that do, are way to small to matter anyway.

I bet that people that start off on an e-bike will never progress to a normal bike. Also willing to bet that this statement works the other way around mostly.

Hence my WALL-E theory.

post-7694-0-23193500-1515754099_thumb.jpg

The missing KOM is an error on their side, for which they don’t have a time scale to resolve it. I’ve tried to contact them, and the only response is that they are aware of the problem.

My name is missing from a number of leaderboards. In the starred segments is shows the KOM [emoji146] but on the activity it shows a PB only. On the leaderboard, the No.1 position is missing, and doesn’t show my position despite having cycled the segment hundreds of times. The same for other top 10 positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just go and repeat the previous performance and you WILL get the no 1 spot. Shees not so difficult to do.

Guys, someone has gone and flagged all his rides which he had KOM's on! Who would do that?

I am shocked that people don't actually do this. If you have reason to suspect that the KOM was BS, flag the ride and let Strava sort it out.

Archived