Riverfields MTB Single Track

ChrisEVP

Take care at the Riverfields track please. Looks like there was a hijacking incident on the afternoon of the 24th September. Two boys were pulled off their bikes and tied up. No one hurt.

Seems like two of the 3 men were caught...we were cycling there yesterday. Good to see there was a lot of activity with a few cars and riders.

Thanks for letting us know Grey :eek:

Glad the boys are OK, and that the men were caught.

There was also an incident 2 weekends ago where a vehicle parked by the entrance was broken into. Please consider riding to the track with your bike, or parking at one of the busier public areas near the track (Glen Eagles gate, driving range, restaurants, Engen, etc...). Also, if you can, please avoid riding alone or in the dark  :ph34r: ...

I noticed that there was a security vehicle (Riverfields branded) on the track over the past weekend. It looks like the developer/farmer (who owns the premises) took some initiative to ensure community safety...  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Regardless, please ALWAYS take care when riding!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Caution guys, a rider was stabbed and his bike stolen this morning on the track between the trees! This was the last time I’ll go to the track alone, go in groups and stay safe!

Oh no, I hope the rider is OK... 

I agree with Lazy9, DO NOT go to the track alone!!!

Please ALWAYS stay safe and cautious!

Caution guys, a rider was stabbed and his bike stolen this morning on the track between the trees! This was the last time I’ll go to the track alone, go in groups and stay safe!

4 FORK SAKES...becoming ridiculous...most of my rides there are alone :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I was Jacked @ Riverfields on Monday 13 November, Please don't ride alone.

I wish I'd read this thread before making Riverfields one of my regular rides.

The thing is that its a really nice track.

Edited by dasilvarsa

I was Jacked @ Riverfields on Monday 13 November, Please don't ride alone.

I wish I'd read this thread before making Riverfields one of my regular rides.

The thing is that its a really nice track.

So sorry that you had to go through that terrible experience.

I was at Riverfields on Saturday afternoon. Part of the course has been ploughed over.

The grass is starting to cover the rest of the track from all the rain and lack of traffic.

Does anyone know what is happening with this track?

Sad to see the criminals chasing us away from a great place to train...

Hi Guys

I was on the track last weekend again... and also notices some overgrown parts here and there, as well as the ploughed-over section at the start - but riding my cyclocross with thin tires and zero suspension still was not too difficult... :w00t: 

I know that Finishline every so often takes some time to maintain (parts of) the track on their own cost...  :thumbup: Since the track is a "free-to-ride", I never expect it to be on par with some of the other "paid-for" tracks around... That being said, when we rode on Saturday morning there was allot of other riders around.

:excl: :excl: On the safety and security front: We noticed that Riverfields (the owner of the land) appointed a security guard who patrols the track on a quad-bike. I have to give kudos to them, who apparently does this out of their own pockets  :clap:  :clap: (let me know if I have this wrong, please)... Still, please ALWAYS be vigilant when riding on the track and avoid riding alone or at odd hours of the day (or night)... :cursing:  :excl:

See you on the track!!! :thumbup:

Hi Guys

I was on the track last weekend again... and also notices some overgrown parts here and there, as well as the ploughed-over section at the start - but riding my cyclocross with thin tires and zero suspension still was not too difficult... :w00t:

I know that Finishline every so often takes some time to maintain (parts of) the track on their own cost...  :thumbup: Since the track is a "free-to-ride", I never expect it to be on par with some of the other "paid-for" tracks around... That being said, when we rode on Saturday morning there was allot of other riders around.

:excl: :excl: On the safety and security front: We noticed that Riverfields (the owner of the land) appointed a security guard who patrols the track on a quad-bike. I have to give kudos to them, who apparently does this out of their own pockets  :clap:  :clap: (let me know if I have this wrong, please)... Still, please ALWAYS be vigilant when riding on the track and avoid riding alone or at odd hours of the day (or night)... :cursing:  :excl:

See you on the track!!! :thumbup:

Please let me know next time you plan to ride the track or just looking for company!

Really is a great way for me to expend 2:30 riding there and doing a few laps and back - PM me.

I would love to chase a semi-roadie around that track! I'll be fair and bring a heavy steel bike  :ph34r:

Please let me know next time you plan to ride the track or just looking for company!

Really is a great way for me to expend 2:30 riding there and doing a few laps and back - PM me.

I would love to chase a semi-roadie around that track! I'll be fair and bring a heavy steel bike  :ph34r:

Hi Grey

PM sent with my details!

A group of us generally ride every Saturday mornings from 8am (2 laps) and some Wednesdays around 4-5PM (1 lap)... if the weather (and bosses) permit  :eek:

See you soon!  :clap:

Thank you Escapee.. :clap:

OK Guys, there you have it...

Let us rally to support this in any way we can... I am sure if everyone who uses the track takes some effort, we (as the riding community) would be able to at least help cover the costs... :w00t:

@Escapee.., would you please share the relevant contact details for people to get in touch with with the Curtis' (if you have it), or point us in the right direction...

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Thank you Escapee.. :clap:

OK Guys, there you have it...

Let us rally to support this in any way we can... I am sure if everyone who uses the track takes some effort, we (as the riding community) would be able to at least help cover the costs... :w00t:

@Escapee.., would you please share the relevant contact details for people to get in touch with with the Curtis' (if you have it), or point us in the right direction...

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

You can chat to Kerry or Clint at Finish Line

011 391 6912