They tried to kill my friend!

Marius

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is horrible to read......but glad he is OK, bikes can be replaced (even if you have to wait 3 months Wink)

Hope you feeling better soon Renaldo !

This is terrible.

I'm trying to think of what the logical reason is for attacks on cyclists - are bikes stolen/hi-jacked for the takers' own use, probly because public transport gets too expensive as result of increasing fuel prices. Or are the bikes being sold for spares or as a whole for cash to satisfy financial needs, or is there some other bizarre reason!?

Hope the emotional and physical scars heal quickly Ronaldo.

I with Lilo and Renaldo tried to make sense of it all yesterday. Why knock a guy from his bike, I mean, the bike is totalled, the Carbom frame will be useless now, the wheelset has Carbon spokes, no way it sirvied the impact. All he'll have is a groupset with scratch markes... I mean really, is it worth it?!

This is really bad news.Cry

I rode that exact stretch of road at around 16h30 on Saturday. What are these people thinking. Confused

I think we must accept that we are soft targets out there and that we should therefore always be prepared for the worst.  We should try and avoid any confrontation (not that I am saying that it was the case here), because you might be lucky and get away with it but the next cyclist riding along minding his own bussiness might not be so lucky.Ouch

I with Lilo and Renaldo tried to make sense of it all yesterday. Why knock a guy from his bike' date=' I mean, the bike is totalled, the Carbom frame will be useless now, the wheelset has Carbon spokes, no way it sirvied the impact. All he'll have is a groupset with scratch markes... I mean really, is it worth it?[/quote']

i.m.o its not about a bike or what it's worth, its about the POWER and the FEAR it creates Cry 

This is seriously f*cked up.  WTF are "people" like this thinking??  Renaldo, at least you are OK physically!  Bikes can be replaced..... 

Hang in there man, and dont let the f'*ckers get you down!

This is terrible.

I'm trying to think of what the logical reason is for attacks on cyclists - are bikes stolen/hi-jacked for the takers' own use' date=' probly because public transport gets too expensive as result of increasing fuel prices. Or are the bikes being sold for spares or as a whole for cash to satisfy financial needs, or is there some other bizarre reason!?

Hope the emotional and physical scars heal quickly Ronaldo.
[/quote']

People are setting peoples houses on fire and stealing all there stuff while laughing at the ones that are being displaced.  i think the people are going crazy with jelousy and unfortunatly a cyclist was pulled into the detruction and mayhem that these crazy people are creating.

good luck with your recovery, it is a nice day in Stellenbosch so try and enjoy the day off.

Crikey - that is awful. This stuff never used to happen here in the Cape. We just used to read about it happening up-country.

Hope you are OK Renaldo.

Speedy recovery to you friend-I hope they catch these assholes intimidating cyclists!smiley7.gif 

Marius ' date=' Was it 1976man ?  Hope he is okay

[/quote']

looks like 1976man - hope your ur doing ok - this is not lekker

This is a really sick story!!!AngryAngry I'm just so thankful Renaldo is ok. And please watch out when u go ride ur bike. Think Marius and I will be training in the mornings from tomorrow...Cry  Will take some getting use to!! Will see how it goes.

Just finished the crit race report and noticed this Shocked

I hope Renaldo (1976man?) recovers fully and replaces that stunning BMC with the latest team edition. Man this sux, look forward to seeing you at the next RR or at worst the spring league. Thumbs%20Up

Taker care,

SL

Guest colonel

Isnt this the guy that pissed everyone including myself off on the hub and was really rude to Skye and always had so much to say and then sent little PM's to everyone to moan about others and then sent sexual content to the ladies on the hub??  Yes it is 1976man and you know what bud:

KARMA!