[Event] 100 Cycle Challenge

mecheng89

I’m glad I’ve decided to skip this event. You’ll understand why when the next bit of info is published.

Colgate 15km fun run FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m glad I’ve decided to skip this event. You’ll understand why when the next bit of info is published.

Come on spit it out ???? wanted to enter now having second thoughts.....

So when is this going to be revealed?

When do entries close? This weekend? 31st?

Let’s say there might be some changes coming. Was shared by a concerned service provider.

When do entries close? This weekend? 31st?

Let’s say there might be some changes coming. Was shared by a concerned service provider.

Yip, the 31st.

Guess I will wait for last minute before entering then....

To be clear it's a 15 and 32 meaning the 32km runners will be passing the same stretch twice. 

Nope, that’s been discussed already.

This is directly related to the cycle race itself.

Put us outof our misery..... :-)

Nope, that’s been discussed already.

This is directly related to the cycle race itself.

A route change is not really newsworthy.  Lemme guess, no road closure...

A route change is not really newsworthy.  Lemme guess, no road closure...

That's my guess as well. 

This is what they've commented on FB:

(...)Safety is our main concern and for this reason, we have changed the route to ensure full road closure - we will be updating our website with the new route soon.(...)

I seriously doubt they will get full road closure on the new route - one that that is virtually the same as the Carnival City Macsteel route.

f423f84a1681f4e9a7a539c0ea6c609e.jpg

Edited by Frosty

I seriously doubt they will get full road closure on the new route - one that that is virtually the same as the Carnival City Macsteel route.

So back to the original route they published when they announced the route. I think it is the better option, but would had of liked the section on the R21.

As this is almost the same as CCM, are you saying your route is boring <sarcastic font off> :ph34r: :drool:

Been in contact with the organizers and they confirmed the route change and it will be full road closure that was also confirmed from Ekurhuleni also

Let's support this race as we support the other even if they also have their problems. And their is

What I see also. Jacaranda that is a sponsor is getting more involved with cycling as they also sponsor the Red Barn mtb race and saw they also now a sponsor for the Kremetart race, the number 1 race in the country as most will agree

So back to the original route they published when they announced the route. I think it is the better option, but would had of liked the section on the R21.

As this is almost the same as CCM, are you saying your route is boring <sarcastic font off> :ph34r: :drool:

Ekurhuleni Metro has no jurisdiction in Heidelberg (Sedibeng District, Lesedi municipality), so they (Ekurhuleni) can’t guarantee road closure across multiple municipalities.

Also, the chief of traffic in Heidelberg is extremely difficult to get normal permission to use roads, never mind road closure. He has threatened to stop races when riders are seen crossing the white/centre line.

I guess time will tell.