[Event] Fairtree Simonsberg Contour MTB

Dirtopia MTB Events

Event Name: Fairtree Simonsberg Contour MTB
When: 3 February 2018 - 4 February 2018
Where: Delvera Farm, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Fairtree Capital has supported the Simonsberg Trail system for more than two years; and one week before the trail run stage race, the MTB two-day event will take place on 3 & 4 February 2018.The event will start and finish at Delvera farm where riders will be treated to breakfast and lunch, kiddies entertainment and a wonderful area to relax after their ride, with showers, bike park, lube and wash station and massage service.Two routes will be on offer for the two-day stage race, the long route being around 60km and the other a 40km route for both Saturday and Sunday. Do both days, mix it up or do only one day.

The Fairtree Contour events have been created to continue the development of routes and expose the incredible network of single-track trails on the Simonsberg Mountain. With over 25km of mountain single-track, connecting more than 10 wine estates, the region is set to become a hotspot for mountain bike trail riders.

Dirtopia has spent the last 4 years developing new routes on Delheim and Muratie wine estates. These trails are now operated in partnership with the landowners and the Greater Simonsberg Conservancy being the primary beneficiary. The conservancy represents more than 20 farms around the mountain and is currently focused on a multi-million rand alien clearing project to return large tracts of the mountain to fynbos and renosterveld.

There is no better time to be out in the winelands as harvest season will be in full swing in surrounding vineyards.

Each participant will receive a goody bag and coffee, breakfast snack and daily lunch buffet.

Good refreshment stations will be fully stocked with cold drinks and a wide range of savoury snacks and fruit.

Early bird entries will open 2 October 2017! Enter before 31 Dec for discounted entry fees. These fees will be the exact same fees as 2017. 1 Jan 2018 the entry fees will be increased.

Enter here: https://www.dirtpass.co.za/events

More info: http://www.fairtreecontour.co.za/

Each participant of the two-day stage race will receive the following:

• Goody bag
  • Morning coffee, breakfast snack and daily lunch buffet
  • Medal & BOS drink
  • Refreshment station on route from BOS

Go to www.fairtreecontour.co.za for more info or contact Dirtopia at info@fairtreecontour.co.za or 021 884 4752.

Go to Event Page

• 3 months later...

I bagged my entry just before new years.

Looking forward to it.

I rode it just after the fire, and I'm really amped about riding this race again. (Well I won't call what I'll be doing "racing" though.)

Long/long route?

I'm amped about dropping into meversayneverevereverevereverending again.

Yep long and long, trying to get fit again after 2 weeks of eating and no riding

so how is the route, was a bit nervous to enter?

not a racing snake, looking for fun out in the trails with some mates.

so how is the route, was a bit nervous to enter?

not a racing snake, looking for fun out in the trails with some mates.

Last time I did it on my Trance. The trails are lekker, but this year I'll do it on my hooligan hardtail. (Because the new Bike itch is real.)

It's not very hard, I won't call it a suffer fest. But it was hot, so it wasn't a walk in the park.

The trails are great, Meurant has built a whole lot of flow into those trails, overall I'll rate it way better than the W2W route.

This is the perfect event for a jol with mates.

Last time I did it on my Trance. The trails are lekker, but this year I'll do it on my hooligan hardtail. (Because the new Bike itch is real.)

It's not very hard, I won't call it a suffer fest. But it was hot, so it wasn't a walk in the park.

The trails are great, Meurant has built a whole lot of flow into those trails, overall I'll rate it way better than the W2W route.

This is the perfect event for a jol with mates.

im sure there is a few road races with better routes than the W2w

nah jokes aside... also first timer on this race. 

Only entered because stellenboss of MTB trails and it was well priced.

looking forward to it  :clap:

I'm doing the long on day 1 and short on day 2.

Any idea on the elevation gain on both days?

Climbing is definitely not my strong point..... 

I'm doing the long on day 1 and short on day 2.

Any idea on the elevation gain on both days?

Climbing is definitely not my strong point..... 

I think you're looking at approximately 1500m elevation per day on the long route.

I did long/long last year, but doing short/long this year.

I found that day 2 was a better trail riding day with lots more singletrack action

I did some of the new sections of trail with Meurant last week, you guys are in for a treat. The trails are outstanding and he's cut some new ST as well. By far some of, if not the best trails in CT.

I've entered for the Long/Short.

I think you're looking at approximately 1500m elevation per day on the long route.

I did long/long last year, but doing short/long this year.

I found that day 2 was a better trail riding day with lots more singletrack action

Eish 1500m/day - Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Received the email yesterday with race details. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about racing. Even if I know that I will be chewing handlebar while my lungs clap hands like an aquarium seal at feeding time.

Can only ride a single day. Which day would you recommend? From earlier posts it sounds like day 2. Are we in agreement?