[Event] Fairtree Simonsberg Contour MTB

Dirtopia MTB Events

Can only ride a single day. Which day would you recommend? From earlier posts it sounds like day 2. Are we in agreement?

Did the event last year and i would say Day 2... Sound like there might be some small changes to the routes, but i might be wrong!

Can only ride a single day. Which day would you recommend? From earlier posts it sounds like day 2. Are we in agreement?

Jip. Never say never ending again is such an iconic trail that I've gone back to Simonsberg to ride it.

• 3 weeks later...

Sjoe, what a lekker but eventful weekend for me.

On Saturday I discovered a crack on my seat tube at the last waterpoint. Proceeded to pedal while standing up to the end.

Sunday I lined up with my trail bike, and had a blast. Right up until wp2 where I realized my phone ejected itself somewhere along the route. I headed back to wp1 where I used it last. Thanks to the person (no idea who,) who picked it up, the marshal it was given to, the crew at wp2 and the friend who gave me his phone to track it with. I picked the phone up at registration. Faith in humanity restored.

Apparently on Saturday the crew tracked and picked up another iPhone from the finish line.

The vibe at the back of the pack where I was riding was lekker, the 30km I rode on Sunday was amazing.

On Saturday I was ogling this very pretty bike, and upon meeting it's owner it turned out to be Meezo. Kief bike bro, and you have a lekker crew.

All in allit still was a good weekend, but I'll have to get my fix of never-say-never-ending-again some other time.

On Saturday I discovered a crack on my seat tube at the last waterpoint. Proceeded to pedal while standing up to the end.

Sunday I lined up with my trail bike, and had a blast. Right up until wp2 where I realized my phone ejected itself somewhere along the route. I headed back to wp1 where I used it last. Thanks to the person (no idea who,) who picked it up, the marshal it was given to, the crew at wp2 and the friend who gave me his phone to track it with. I picked the phone up at registration. Faith in humanity restored.

Apparently on Saturday the crew tracked and picked up another iPhone from the finish line.

The vibe at the back of the pack where I was riding was lekker, the 30km I rode on Sunday was amazing.

On Saturday I was ogling this very pretty bike, and upon meeting it's owner it turned out to be Meezo. Kief bike bro, and you have a lekker crew.

All in allit still was a good weekend, but I'll have to get my fix of never-say-never-ending-again some other time.

awe, nice to meet you too!

Unlucky about your bike man, hope you come right with the new frame.

on the race, i thought day 1 was a bit sandy dusty and loose, altogether a bit of bleh!

Day 2 was fun though, enjoyed the climbing and more so the descending.

I have mix feelings about this race and whether i'll do it again.

Food and Waterpoints were good, vibe and the end, plus bike washes and showers were great.

Lets see come next year

Ja maar jy ry jou bike soos n rooikop stiefkind. Behandel hom met TLC en hy sal nie kraak nie. Nou sal jy maar vir die pram n crank moet opsit. Ducktape en bloudraad pappa.

I really enjoyed this weekend, did the 60km both days, and it just seems to get better and better every year. Day 1 was a bit dusty and the tracks a bit soft by the time i got to them, but a bit of rain and some more TLC and it will become as good as the neversayneverending section which was just like that in the first year.

I even managed to spot a savage along the route.. 

post-69086-0-37513300-1517819638_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Anderson

I really enjoyed this weekend, did the 60km both days, and it just seems to get better and better every year. Day 1 was a bit dusty and the tracks a bit soft by the time i got to them, but a bit of rain and some more TLC and it will become as good as the neversayneverending section which was just like that in the first year.

I even managed to spot a savage along the route.. 

we must of been riding together, as we rode quite a bit with the savage

we must of been riding together, as we rode quite a bit with the savage

I  had a red TMB top on for day 2. She rode past me at the 14km mark, didn't see her again after that. 

Ja maar jy ry jou bike soos n rooikop stiefkind. Behandel hom met TLC en hy sal nie kraak nie. Nou sal jy maar vir die pram n crank moet opsit. Ducktape en bloudraad pappa.

Wel daai fiets was die rooikop skelmpie. Het juis mooi op haar gery.