Need to reintroduce myself

Antoni

Hi all.

I have last been active on this forum 5years ago. Life got in the way of cycling, and still does. As Murphy would have it all this happened just after I bought a new bike after my previous ones got stolen:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/91804-Marin-Venezia-&-GT-Avalanche-1.0

Anyhow, as much as I would like to get back on the bike, the pink feet don't really care about my hobbies, plus I am also slapgat.

So this is just to say howzit and I might be selling my bike soon, but I thought to just check in first before just ramming onto the for sale section.

For those riding this weekend, ride safe, I will be jealously watching!

Regards,
Antoni

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, no I am not aware of that clause. Just feels like it is wasted just standing in the garage.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Another year and a half has passed since I started this thread! Still no time for cycling unfortunately and nothing in the foreseeable future.

I am going to put my bike up for sale, can employ the cash somewhere else at this stage..

Can anyone help me with valuation? I would like to sell it at a fair price but don't know what that would be.

My bike, a 2010 26" , was also hanged up due to 2 boys, one 3 and the other 6 years old.  At some point I nearly sold it BUT I am so extremely glad that I never did!

Now that the kids are getting direction , and both "wifi"  and I also have adapted enough and time is in our hands again to do some of the things we used to love doing before the impregnations  :w00t: -  I can get on the bike again.    Started 6 weeks ago and am just loving it to the point where I do 3 tot 4 rides every week and am getting fit again!

I actually have to thank a friend of mine who talked me into cycling again - it took him 3 months to finally get me to the point of taking the bike off and servicing it and after the first 8 km ride I knew I wanted to do more!

So, just do it man!  Get it out and clean it up and get on the saddle and ride!  Just take the steps and do it!  

Another year and a half has passed since I started this thread! Still no time for cycling unfortunately and nothing in the foreseeable future.

I am going to put my bike up for sale, can employ the cash somewhere else at this stage..

Can anyone help me with valuation? I would like to sell it at a fair price but don't know what that would be.

i might have a cousin who works on an oil rig who might be interested in buying it

i might have a cousin who works on an oil rig who might be interested in buying it

Sure thing! I will pay the courier fees via my PayPal account.

My bike, a 2010 26" , was also hanged up due to 2 boys, one 3 and the other 6 years old. At some point I nearly sold it BUT I am so extremely glad that I never did!

Now that the kids are getting direction , and both "wifi" and I also have adapted enough and time is in our hands again to do some of the things we used to love doing before the impregnations :w00t: - I can get on the bike again. Started 6 weeks ago and am just loving it to the point where I do 3 tot 4 rides every week and am getting fit again!

I actually have to thank a friend of mine who talked me into cycling again - it took him 3 months to finally get me to the point of taking the bike off and servicing it and after the first 8 km ride I knew I wanted to do more!

So, just do it man! Get it out and clean it up and get on the saddle and ride! Just take the steps and do it!

I hear you... Its a road bike... Won't a MTB be better since you can ride with the kids when they older as well? Road not good when still young.

I must be honest, I do sometimes miss the cycling, but bloody hell, kids and work (with work taking most my time) keeps you busy! Hence another reason MTB is better, can spend some quality time with the family.

All I know now is that it's cash lying in the garage that can used for something else that needs attention.

Appreciate the advice.

Give us some details and we'll do our best to give you an estimate.

It's a Fuji SST2. 0 I bought in 2011.

Havent even put 3000km on the bike since, original tyres are still on.

Carbon frame (medium compact design (54cm iirc))

Look Leo pedals

Mavic Ksyrium wheel(s)

I have stuffed up the rear rim, but hub and cassette is 100%,(this might be the biggest influence on value) I have put on my training wheel with a new 105 cassette on.

Dirty as rorydewet's cousin, but will be washed. Can maybe include the polar CS300 heart rate and cadence sensor. 82bde04ded076df691b7fe99d9815443.jpg1badb5ac9b62cc6429b16eb1e01039ee.jpg53bef3eb9a9de4cc7dddb94784834d20.jpg305d0ee5fed2085c4ecae3c00a230041.jpga3539d2f00f2e598a2c20e4aef68b3ec.jpg

Edited by Antoni

Did you ride the bike as pivtured?

Saddle and handlebar angles are pretty unconvential

Ya no, if I knew it was a road bike my advice may have been completely different  :lol:

I would sell it without thinking twice, now I know people may start taking out the boxing gloves and pummel this mtber for saying so, but let's be honest, can you mount a child seat onto that bad boy? Can you go away for a weekend to Dullstroom, Clarens, Mabilingwe or any other place and cycle together as a family (once your kid is a little bigger)? 

The answer to all my above mentioned questions is a BIG FAT no. A road bike does have its place and I believe it to be lots of fun going 80-90km/h on those marie biscuits but it's not something I believe to be very comfortable / practical as a social rider. Besides, the roads are very unsafe  :whistling:

As for value - no clue, I've never owned a road bike and don't know what they cost  :thumbup:

Did you ride the bike as pivtured?

Saddle and handlebar angles are pretty unconvential

I did, don't know what I was thinking when I did the setup, but opted for a more racing orientated setup (this is how the shop did it, I was pretty naive at the time). It took some getting used to, but then it was ok. Didn't ride the bike much though, life happened as said earlier.

Ya no, if I knew it was a road bike my advice may have been completely different [emoji38].

I would sell it without thinking twice, now I know people may start taking out the boxing gloves and pummel this mtber for saying so, but let's be honest, can you mount a child seat onto that bad boy? Can you go away for a weekend to Dullstroom, Clarens, Mabilingwe or any other place and cycle together as a family (once your kid is a little bigger)?

The answer to all my above mentioned questions is a BIG FAT no. A road bike does have its place and I believe it to be lots of fun going 80-90km/h on those marie biscuits but it's not something I believe to be very comfortable / practical as a social rider. Besides, the roads are very unsafe :whistling:.

As for value - no clue, I've never owned a road bike and don't know what they cost [emoji106]

Exactly, I don't see myself on the road again for the next 6 years, 3 kids (5 & 2 years and 8month baby), I know I know, should have rather kept cycling but no!

Maybe once they are much older, so MTB makes more sense. In a year or two...