Road Bike size?

Clazst

I was wondering about the size of road bike. My height is 170cm and which size it suit to my height? 

55cm or less or more. I'm not too sure and need your help and advise.

Thanks

Hi,

It is brand specific, but at 170cm you will most likely ride a SMALL frame which should be 52cm-ish. 

I was wondering about the size of road bike. My height is 170cm and which size it suit to my height? 

55cm or less or more. I'm not too sure and need your help and advise.

Thanks

Go for bike fit (The ones that have dedicated bike fitting bike) , then take your measurements and  look it up on the manufacturers Geometry charts and get the right size.

Road bikes are far more sensitive to sizing than MTB and each manufacturer measures differently.   

I am 168cm and ride a 52cm (small).  I would certainly not go bigger than 55cm at your height - you are most likely the same size as me.  Most brands have size charts which would be helpful.

Check the manufacturer sites for geometry specs etc. IIRC, most list height ranges at the top. Chances are, unless you have abnormally long or short legs/torso, the bike that fits your height will be the right size. Tweaks can be made to stems or seatpost layback, but you'll be mostly there AFAIK. Once you know what geometry works for you (thinking reach and stack here), it'll make shopping easier.

But go for a bike fit. I found it to be the best money I spent on anything bike-related

I'm 1.7m and ride a 52cm road bike frame, medium mountain bike.

Edited by mikkelz

Hey guys

can you please recommend any places where i can do i bike fitment in Gauteng.

thanks