Cradle of Humankind route

JaQ

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Patch rides an MTB? I didn't expect that... 

And, MTBers are only "friendly-ish"? I am surprised this thread has not been swarmed by all the tree hugging MTBers explaining this is not the case, and it's a roadie and non-waving triathlete conspiracy. 

Patch rides an MTB? I didn't expect that... 

And, MTBers are only "friendly-ish"? I am surprised this thread has not been swarmed by all the tree hugging MTBers explaining this is not the case, and it's a roadie and non-waving triathlete conspiracy. 

My bru tjyna boss, I occasionally sneak onto one to confuse the fuzz thats tailing me. Have done Sani, W2W, a few Dr Evils, K2C, Tuli's and a DD solo, (yes those are all MTB).

Its not the MTBers that are not friendly, its the golfers who are on MTBs that are not friendly  :ph34r:

My bru tjyna boss, I occasionally sneak onto one to confuse the fuzz thats tailing me. Have done Sani, W2W, a few Dr Evils, K2C, Tuli's and a DD solo, (yes those are all MTB).

Its not the MTBers that are not friendly, its the golfers who are on MTBs that are not friendly  :ph34r:

Exactly.........

• 1 month later...

Rode the new complete loop today!

Well done to whoever was responsible for an excellent job done.

Where else can you get a 30km free single track loop with plenty of riders on the road next to you for added safety........

And to think people are bitching about having to pay a whole twenty ronds to park ? [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rode the new complete loop today!

Well done to whoever was responsible for an excellent job done.

Where else can you get a 30km free single track loop with plenty of riders on the road next to you for added safety........

And to think people are bitching about having to pay a whole twenty ronds to park ? [emoji849]

Hi coppi, where did you start? Is there safe parking?

Hi coppi, where did you start? Is there safe parking?

Hi grafou

Parked at Bidon bistro. Trail starts and ends there clockwise, and you still get R10 off your purchases afterwards. Safe parking with guards for R20, free trail!

Edited by coppi

Hi grafou

Parked at Bidon bistro. Trail starts and ends there clockwise, and you still get R10 off your purchases afterwards. Safe parking with guards for R20, free trail!

Thanks. Will go next weekend.

Thanks Fat Boab!

Pleasure.

Just one suggestions for you - be cautious when riding off the trail to cross Pine Valley Rd (also called the Elandsdrift Rd), which is the tar road after Valverde, which would take you from Beyers to Malibongwe. This junction is messy at the best of times what with traffic cutting the corner, and trail riders only add to the congestion there.

Also did the new MTB loop yesterday. Nice and flowing with fast sections as well as more than enough hills for a proper workout.

Enough space to pass slower riders, so I think congestion wouldn't me an issue.

Parked at Bidon, R20 and get R10 of your purchase from the coffee shop. Money well spent.

Well done and thank you to all involved in making this happen!