Tour de France 2018

gummibear

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like the circus has just hit town!

If the banning of Froome is upheld after the appeal etc which will set the precedent for banning a rider with an AAF, and as we know there are a considerable number of riders on AAF's.

What is to stop Sky or a source leaking the names of all the others.... and then Sky taking legal action to get all those riders banned from starting?

The TdF line up could very different and interesting lol

This could really become a circus!!.... more so than it is already!

In more pressing matter both Kelderman and Gallopin have crashed during nationals and have been transported to hospital

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I feel like the circus has just hit town!

If the banning of Froome is upheld after the appeal etc which will set the precedent for banning a rider with an AAF, and as we know there are a considerable number of riders on AAF's.

What is to stop Sky or a source leaking the names of all the others.... and then Sky taking legal action to get all those riders banned from starting?

The TdF line up could very different and interesting lol

This could really become a circus!!.... more so than it is already!

Lol

But her emails????

It is quite a circus..Sky have been saying the UCI/Wada rules need to be respected and adhered to..but the ASO have their own rules too and under UCI is allowed to be upheld.

All these rules which everyone bends and breaks and apply as it suits them.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Considering this process should have been confidential and the drug in question offers no performance benefits ... WTF   denying Chris to start and to defend his title is an injustice imo. Hidden Agenda I say

Dare we compare to our local lasses athletics situation? Who very obviously has performance advantages due to high testosterone levels?

Considering this process should have been confidential and the drug in question offers no performance benefits ... WTF denying Chris to start and to defend his title is an injustice imo. Hidden Agenda I say

Dare we compare to our local lass Athletics situation? who very obviously has performance advantages due to high testosterone levels?

Aaah you see but it wasn't now the whole cycling world sits with this circus .

The problem is the process.. WADA must put forward a time limit so that this nonsense doesn't happen again..stalling indefinitely doesn't do anyone any good.

As far as I know Sky still haven't produced Henao's the expanation on his bloodpassport irregularities (the second one)

With this case unless an official statement is released i have doubts about everything coming put of the news..but if this is true..

[emoji102] well this sure is going to be an interesting week..that they are going through with it means they have a lot of confidence in the legal part of things...dropping it late on Sky means that Sky also don't have a lot of time to prepare an appeal.

https://mobile.lemonde.fr/cyclisme/article/2018/07/01/organisers-want-chris-froome-out-of-the-tour-de-france-team-sky-appeals_5323961_1616656.html?xtref=https://t.co/JLBSI3a1xH

Best news so far for July :ph34r:  :clap:

Guess the organisers realised how unwelcome he was in France.Viewer numbers are more important than cheating teams 1f62f.png1f44d.png

What's that i hear.....could it be Pinarello shares crashing?

Best news so far for July :ph34r: :clap:

Guess the organisers realised how unwelcome he was in France.Viewer numbers are more important than cheating teams 1f62f.png1f44d.png

What's that i hear.....could it be Pinarello shares crashing?

In all fairness Prudhomme did say quite a while ago thay they would refuse his entry if his case wasn't resolved before TDF.. they could not refuse his entry until the team officially entered..they have and they have..

Wether it will stick is a whole different and conplicated matter ..

And in the meantime..the UCI speak

Now what answer we don't know..it may just be.. okay the process is now here...but sure is going to be a week filled with speculation from everyone and a few leaks now doubt [emoji849]cac6af6ca8d1085c80c2c3e10ee719a1.jpg

This could well turn out like 2006.

In the days leading up to the start of the race various names, some of them race favorites, where linked to "Operación Puerto" and dropped from the start list.

My son and I were driving from the UK to Strasbourg, in the days before proper internet on mobile phones, and my mates in the UK were texting me as more names were released. It was a nightmare. In the end we only stayed a few days before returning home. Of course the race ended with the Floyd Landis farce.

I can see this going the same way. If you ban Froome, just because his name has been leaked, can you credibly not ban every other rider also being investigated for the same sort of things? What if their names are leaked halfway through the race? Ask them to leave then? Will they and their teams be vilified for starting whilst knowing they were under investigation?

If I owned Team Sky and I had the resources at my finger tips that the owner must have, I would already have a list of the other riders being investigated ready to hand over if my appeal were to fail. Let them all walk home together.

This has the potential to be a monumental **** up.

Sad days indeed.

This could well turn out like 2006.

In the days leading up to the start of the race various names, some of them race favorites, where linked to "Operación Puerto" and dropped from the start list.

My son and I were driving from the UK to Strasbourg, in the days before proper internet on mobile phones, and my mates in the UK were texting me as more names were released. It was a nightmare. In the end we only stayed a few days before returning home. Of course the race ended with the Floyd Landis farce.

I can see this going the same way. If you ban Froome, just because his name has been leaked, can you credibly not ban every other rider also being investigated for the same sort of things? What if their names are leaked halfway through the race? Ask them to leave then? Will they and their teams be vilified for starting whilst knowing they were under investigation?

If I owned Team Sky and I had the resources at my finger tips that the owner must have, I would already have a list of the other riders being investigated ready to hand over if my appeal were to fail. Let them all walk home together.

This has the potential to be a monumental **** up.

Sad days indeed.

Ag it is a f op.. they must settle this stupid case now so we can get on with it already, sick and tired of it everywhere.

It really is sad for the sport as it's just getting over the whole LA story.Riders that want to ride theTour should be allowed to use what they want.Sponsors will know what they are letting themselves in for and there'll be no shocks.It took Trek bikes years to ride out the storm after LA.How long will it take Pinarello or will the impact not be a big?

It really is sad for the sport as it's just getting over the whole LA story.Riders that want to ride theTour should be allowed to use what they want.Sponsors will know what they are letting themselves in for and there'll be no shocks.It took Trek bikes years to ride out the storm after LA.How long will it take Pinarello or will the impact not be a big?

I'm not sure it's good for the sport watching riders keel over and die on the side of the road ala Tom Simpson style. Not a great marketing tool for sponsors...

Ah well... i suppose the frogs are entitled to stuff up their own race if they want to...or maybe its a clever marketing gamble knowing that Froome might still ride

Would have liked to see Froome give the double a go, even though i don't think he would be able to win TDF this year it will / would have bene interesting to see the attempt.

At least i will have 3 weeks of summer evenings become free for training...3 weeks that i would normally spend watching TDF highlights. 

The ASO love this ***. Last year kicking Sagan out. This year this. The ASO should start by kicking our actual proven dopers.

Archived