Keep the Morewoods or sell?

Mongooser

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.double-distribution.com/nsb_schaltaugen.html

Maybe it's these guys SwissVan was thinking about.

Thanks, no not them tho

It was

http://sports-nut.de

But I see they no longer list Morewood bikes

Might still have stock of spares as they used sell plenty of Morewoods I bought a spare

Hangar for my Zula from them. Also spoke to them about other spares such as shock bolts and pivot bearings.... they were very helpful at that stage.... albeit a few years ago

Thanks, no not them tho

It was

http://sports-nut.de

But I see they no longer list Morewood bikes

Might still have stock of spares as they used sell plenty of Morewoods I bought a spare

Hangar for my Zula from them. Also spoke to them about other spares such as shock bolts and pivot bearings.... they were very helpful at that stage.... albeit a few years ago

There is something about the Pivot bearings that hubby said to me when he first got his Morewood.. and it went along the line that it could be bought somewhere else..but now I can't remember..I still remember him saying that it was ideal as one wouldn't haven't to rely on getting it from Morewood..

I should really pay more attention.[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There is something about the Pivot bearings that hubby said to me when he first got his Morewood.. and it went along the line that it could be bought somewhere else..but now I can't remember..I still remember him saying that it was ideal as one wouldn't haven't to rely on getting it from Morewood..

just about any bearing shop ... rush sport also do the enduro bearings that are meant to be uber nice.

EDIT: and if you are still on the Zula Gen, then you only have 1 x pivot = 2 x bearings = lekker easy to replace and reasonably inexpensive.

Edited by Hairy

just about any bearing shop ... rush sport also do the enduro bearings that are meant to be uber nice.

EDIT: and if you are still on the Zula Gen, then you only have 1 x pivot = 2 x bearings = lekker easy to replace and reasonably inexpensive.

Aah thx

The bearings should not be an issue.

Touch wood mine are still ok

The shock attach bolts are another story though, they are so corroded from sweat dropping on them and I am struggling to find the same size in Switzerland.

In hindsight I should have ordered some from rushsports and got them delivered to my SA address and I could have picked them up now while I’m here in JNB ... probably to late now as we leave on Sat

I should wake up earlier....

The bearings should not be an issue.

Touch wood mine are still ok

The shock attach bolts are another story though, they are so corroded from sweat dropping on them and I am struggling to find the same size in Switzerland.

In hindsight I should have ordered some from rushsports and got them delivered to my SA address and I could have picked them up now while I’m here in JNB ... probably to late now as we leave on Sat

I should wake up earlier....

Rush sport may well impress you with their speed of delivery!

Thanks for all the help guys,

Im going to hopefully machine a hanger, keep the bikes till 15th of December when my camps done and get rid of them,

will probs buy this nukeproof if i sell one of em before year end.
chain reactions sell hangers and linkage parts bearings everything for that bike for cheap cheap
hubmarket-103136-0-15357700-1502781283_m

Edited by Mongooser

Thanks for all the help guys,

Im going to hopefully machine a hanger, keep the bikes till 15th of December when my camps done and get rid of them,

will probs buy this nukeproof if i sell one of em before year end.

chain reactions sell hangers and linkage parts bearings everything for that bike for cheap cheap

hubmarket-103136-0-15357700-1502781283_m

Nothing is future proof, but in saying that, none of the issues with your Morewoods are impossible to resolve. If you have an itch, scratch it, unless you need to somehow motivate a new bike purchase to your better half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing is future proof, but in saying that, none of the issues with your Morewoods are impossible to resolve. If you have an itch, scratch it, unless you need to somehow motivate a new bike purchase to your better half.

Your not going to keep a car that you cant get parts for right?

and if they people start seeing morewoods dead ill never get those bikes off my hands.

I just want a bike that i dont have to go have stuff machined and all that.

I dont want to sell em but its risky for me keeping them

and if they people start seeing morewoods dead ill never get those bikes off my hands.

You're just trying to justify it now. It's ok. We get you. No need to justify. This is a safe space.

That Pulse is a hot bike. It's not exactly light but it's super nice. There's one in Cape Town that's also available. It's black and the size is large. It might be a tad big for you but it's pretty much brand new. The kid who has it found riding bar stools more attractive than riding bikes.

Just don’t be disappointed with what you will be getting for them. Like you said, they are dead and you will end up selling a lot of bike for little cash.

Ive been talking to a lot of the pros racers ex sponsored riders and business guys about Morewood

most of them are saying Morewoods pretty much dead. the shop is down and so is they're actual site 

has been for awhile now.

I own 2 of they're bikes, Shova LT and a Kalula, last week some twat rode into me and broke my hanger

I cant get one now. Ive tried emails contacting the owner,Nothing. 3 months ago i managed to barely get a hanger for the shova lt.

Should i be hanging on to bikes that I cant get spares for or should i sell them

or should i be keeping the 2 bikes... I dont want to sit with 2 bikes i cant fix or sell

Opinions would help thanks.

I also have a shova LT. converted it into an enduro / play bike. don't sell, because you won't get much for it. (i'm assuming both your morewoods are 26er) bought a new hanger from the morewood site about 6 weeks ago. delivered in 4 days to my office in pta east. my plan in december: save a little more / longer and buy that shiny new steed. but keep your trusty morewood. my 2c :)

Just don’t be disappointed with what you will be getting for them. Like you said, they are dead and you will end up selling a lot of bike for little cash.

But as a 26" bike was worth more keeping then selling 5 years ago already.. So from that point the loss of value would be negligible.... But it's still a damn fine bike